5 Channel Observations: 18 Sept.
7. NOC Services Meet Unified Communications: It’s not a new trend. But NetEnrich is reinforcing its “Start Easy” network operation center (NOC) services for unified communications. In theory, the NOC platform allows MSPs to scale and manage call centers much more effectively… especially as multichannel communications (telephony, live chat, video conference) becomes universal.
5. Cloud Channel Deal: Computer Sciences Corp., partnering with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, has won a cloud contract with the FAA. The deal could be worth $1 billion over 10 years, according to Federal Times. It’s the latest sign of the government’s “cloud first” mandate taking hold. Apparently, CSC Agility Platform — a cloud management tool — played a key role in the contract win.
4. Offering Managed Services… to MSPs: The old master MSP model — where one MSP offers services to peer MSPs — has plenty of momentum thanks to cloud computing. An example: Transbeam Inc., an MSP that offers data, voice, cloud and professional services, now offers an Intelligent Network Monitoring service to channel partners and peer MSPs.
3. Countering Cisco, HP-Aruba Networks: Aerohive Networks and Juniper Networks are partnering to promote cloud-managed wired and wireless solutions for customers. I haven’t had time to see if Aerohive and Juniper are cross-training partners on the solutions…
2. Talent Grab: Tech Data named Beth E. Simonetti senior VP and chief human resources officer. Previously, she oversaw HR for a book distributor. Simonetti also has extensive experience HR executive experience in the healthcare market. Hmmm… sounds like a natural opportunity for Tech Data to keep building out its health technology talent base… And plenty more, of course.
1. Fresh Funding: ChannelE2E spotted seven tech startups that just raised venture capital. From the looks of it, most of those seven tech startups are building channel partner programs…
Subscribe: Want to receive ChannelE2E’s blog headlines, insights and updates in your inbox each business day? Thensubscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.