5 Channel Observations: 17 Sept
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, gossip and more to start your day for Thursday, Sept. 17, 2015.
Actually, this blog includes 17 entries for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs) and IT service providers to sip on. Why so many entries? Because we’re spoiled by the tips and insights you send me (Joe@AfterNines.com).
17. New Deal: PlanetOne Communications, focused on IT and telecom connectivity, has joined the Partner Network for Rackspace partner program. PlanetOne channel partners gain access to Rackspace’s portfolio of cloud services, the duo said.
16. Got the Password to Enter?: Roughly 500 MSPs and VARs are invited to attend Passportal’s All Partner Meeting today. The gathering (online, I suspect) will focus on “how to deliver Password Management as a Security Service,” according to Passportal Channel Chief Dan Wensley. While some RMM (remote monitoring and management) platforms include basic password management, Passportal integrates with those tools and others to deliver deeper capabilities — including all sorts of auditing to help enforce customer compliance.
14. Cisco Routers Get Hacked: Here are the details. If I was an MSP, I’d start an automated security newsletter — or at least include security-related content in my existing newsletter. You don’t need to spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt). But it’s fair game to consistently remind your customers that they need your managed security services.
12. Big Data Expert Leads Citrix Channel: Citrix named Kimberly Martin VP of partner strategy and sales. She’s a Hadoop channel veteran, which means Martin should bring more analytics and big data knowhow into the IT channel.
11. Channel Partner Program Database: More than 100 technology companies (hardware, software, cloud and more) are listed in ChannelE2E’s Channel Partner Programs Database. It takes about 5 minutes to get listed… allowing channel partners to find your company far more easily.
10. Looking to Develop a Partner Program?: Perks has some interesting views on channel incentives and loyalty. And startups like GetChanneled can act like a virtual channel chief to get you rolling. More on those companies — and others — in the days ahead.
9. Managed Security Services: Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), an MSP, has launched a partner portal to help engage VARs and peer MSPs that want to promote cloud-based services. Memo to Director of Partner Development Brad Askew: Tell Me More.