5 Channel Observations: 13 Oct 2015
Page 2 of 2: Today’s top channel partner updates, continued:
7. Identity Management M&A: LogMeIn acquired LastPass, a password and identity management company, for $110 million…. How will the IT channel respond? I suspect a PSA or RMM provider will eventually acquire PassPortal…
5. Managed Storage Services: Asigra is promoting its data protection appliance for managed services providers (MSPs) during NetApp Insight 2015 (Oct. 12-15, Las Vegas). The appliance reinforces the on-going need for on-premises IT management even as cloud services demand continues to accelerate.
4. New CSP: Todd Hussey, a partner and co-founder at CSBexcellence (formerly MSPexcellence), is launching CloudRoute — a cloud service provider that’s backed by non-VC investors. It sounds like the company is working closely with Microsoft while also preparing a range of cloud offerings — including VDC, DaaS, UCaaS and more… Instead of selling direct, CloudRoute will offer its services to MSPs, VARs and other channel partners.
3. From Cash Registers to Managed Services: NCR and Alcatel-Lucent are partnering up on managed services. Under terms of the deal, NCR will provide services including site surveys, deployment and maintenance projects for Alcatel-Lucent gear — though I’m not sure what recurring revenue opportunities will emerge.
2. MSP Buys Business Intelligence Expertise: Denovo — which offers enterprise cloud hosting, consulting, outsourcing and managed services — has acquired the assets of BizTech, which focuses on Oracle Cloud Applications, Business Intelligence, Hyperion and E-Business Suite (EBS). It’s the latest sign that MSPs and VARs are ramping up in the areas of business intelligence, analytics and big data.
1. Lunch Wednesday: Amy Katz and I look forward to lunch in Manhattan on Wednesday. With whom? Those details remain under wraps for now. But it should be a lively, timely conversation…
Read Them All: Did you miss one of our 5 Channel Partner Observations? Find the archive here here. Subscribe: Receive ChannelE2E’s blog headlines, insights and updates in your inbox daily. Subscribe to our enewsletter. Thanks to those who already have.