5 Channel Partner & MSP News Updates for 24 April 2023
Huntress Launches Managed Detection and Response for Microsoft 365; Akamai Rolls Out Brand Protector to Thwart Phishing, Fake Stores
It’s Monday evening of RSA week. So you can expect a ton of security news here. And for even more, be sure to check out our coverage at our affiliate site MSSP Alert. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on April 24, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Expanded cybersecurity partner program for MSPs: High Wire Networks is expanding its Overwatch Managed Cybersecurity Partner Program for managed service providers. High Wire says the expansion elevates the level of support provided across key areas of the MSPs’ businesses such as business strategy, sales and marketing, technology, and operations.
- Two giants partner on cybersecurity resilience: Accenture and Google Cloud have expanded their partnership to accelerate cybersecurity resilience for customers. Google Cloud’s security-specific generative AI will now power Accenture’s new Managed Extended Detection and Response service (MXDR). The two companies will offer a joint Accenture/Mandiant crisis management, incident response, and threat intelligent service as well.
- Helping cyberinsurers help their clients: Arctic Wolf today has announced the Cyber JumpStart Portal. It provides cyber insurance brokers and carriers with a suite of cyber risk management tools that will assist in finding cybersecurity gaps in their clients’ overall security posture. The company also rolled out Arctic Wolf OEM Solutions, a suite of security scanning and threat intel capabilities for original equipment manufacturers, independent software vendors, and large enterprises.
- Protection against phishing, fake stores and fraud: Cloud and security provider Akamai Technologies is rolling out Brand Protector, a solution for detecting and disrupting phishing sites, fake stores, and brand impersonations. The new solution uses a four-step approach to address the problem of fraudulent impersonations – intelligence, detection, visibility, and mitigation.
- Protecting Microsoft 365: Huntress is launching a managed detection and response solution for Microsoft 365. The service includes active monitoring of logins to Microsoft 365 active directory, configuration, and hosted email rules. It also includes 24/7 human ThreatOps analysis and remediation and instant lockdown capabilities.
C. Technology Conferences for MSPs, IT Channel Partners and More
- RSA Conference (April 24-27, San Francisco)
- Kaseya Connect Global (April 24-27, Las Vegas)
- Channel Partners Conference & Expo (May 1-4, Las Vegas)
- Data Center World 2023 (May 8-11)
- Nutanix .Next 2023 (May 9-10)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.