Canadian MSP Acquisition: Nucleus Networks Buys The Tech Valet
Nucleus Networks, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP in 2018, has acquired The Tech Valet, a managed IT services provider in Calgary. Together, the two Canadian MSPs now have offices across Vancouver, Calgary, Victoria and Toronto.
Key Nucleus Networks partnerships include Microsoft, Dell Technologies, Cisco Systems, Ingram Micro Cloud and IT Glue (now part of Kaseya). The MSP works with more than 150 organizations in both the public and private sectors in various industries.
Explaining The Tech Valet acquisition, Nucleus CEO Martin DesRosiers said:
“We saw this as a strategic opportunity as TTV possesses a similar culture, also has a client-first approach to delivering IT Services, and has a presence in Calgary.”
The Tech Valet, launch in 2016, was part of the Kerrisdale Group of Companies. The MSP offers white-glove IT support to clients in such areas as cybersecurity, cloud transformation, and IT support.
M&A among Canadian MSPs and IT solutions providers has been steady. Among the deals ChannelE2E has tracked in recent months:
- CDW acquiredScalar Decisions, a ServiceNow partner with cybersecurity expertise;
- Alithya acquired the managed web services business from Canadian telco company TELUS;
- NTT Data Services purchased Sierra Systems Group, a Vancouver-based IT services and consulting firm;
- SHEA Solutions acquired TGO Consulting, a Microsoft Dynamics consulting partner in Markham, Ontario, Canada;
- KPMG acquired Adoxio Business Solutions, a Microsoft Dynamics 365 integrator and gold-level partner;
- F12.net bought fellow Canadian MSPs Apps on Tap Inc. and Paradigm Network Solutions Inc.; and
- Global cloud networking provider GTT Communications acquired Accelerated Connections (ACI).