Accedian Blends Network, Application Performance Management for MSPs
The line between network and application performance management (APM) continues to blur. The latest move: Accedian has launched SkyLIGHT PVX, a unified network and APM solution for service providers and enterprises. A related offering, aptly called A/NPM, specifically serves MSPs.
In both cases, the technology leverages code from Performance Vision, which Accedian acquired in February. The software analyzes network health and application performance in real time. The company claims the solution provides wire data analytics for 360° visibility of all IT infrastructure, even for large environments with tens of thousands of users. Using stream analytics,
According to Accedian, SkyLIGHT PVX scales from point deployments to multinational network coverage, with appliances available in the following formats:
- Micro/Mobile/Express: Lightweight, self-contained SkyLIGHT PVX analyzers monitor remote locations with limited on-site infrastructure.
- Site: Site appliances monitor the performance of remote branches or small data centers.
- Datacenter: Designed for large data centers, corporate offices or cloud deployments, SkyLIGHT PVX can be deployed with a mix of physical, virtual, and cloud capture appliances.
Working With MSPs: A/NPM as a Service
Accedian’s website explains how the company can assist service providers. Also, a next-generation partner program will launch this summer. Sergio Bea, Accedian’s VP, enterprise and channels, is driving the partner effort.
Much of the partner effort involves (A/NPM), a service built specifically for MSPs. Naturally, A/NMP is built on SkyLIGHT PVX. According to Accedian, the A/NPM (application/network performance monitoring) service allows MSPs to:
- Accelerate end-to-end performance troubleshooting;
- Reduce the risks associated with application, data center and infrastructure projects;
- Optimize application delivery and end-user experience;
- Manage application performance in hybrid-cloud, VMware, and Citrix environments; and
- Deliver unified communications and VoIP over distributed organizations.
Accedian’s service enters a market crowded with APM options. Raygun recently entered the market, which is already occupied by Cisco’s AppDynamics, Datadog, Dynatrace, New Relic and more. At the same time, many of those companies are blending network, infrastructure and APM monitoring.
Still, Accedian is banging the drum loudly for MSPs. We’ll be listening to see which MSPs embrace the message.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.