Top 50 Channel Partner Events & Technology Conferences 2016
Which channel partner events, summits and technology conferences should channel partners attend in 2016? Here are ChannelE2E’s Top 50 — including many surprises that typically aren’t on your radar.
First, a heads up about the list below. To be considered, the conference must be listed on ChannelE2E’s Technology Event Calendar — the most comprehensive listing available for channel gatherings. Sorry but lunch and learns, single-day road shows and other small gatherings aren’t eligible. All listed events must also appeal to VARs, MSPs (managed services providers), CSPs (cloud services providers), ISVs (independent software vendors) or other types of emerging partners.
Now, onto the Top 50 Channel Partner Events & Technology Conferences for 2016, which are organized by date…
50. Citrix Summit 2016 (Jan. 11-12, Las Vegas): A very timely event for Citrix Systems and its channel partners. The reason: As of December 2015, Citrix was evaluating a potential company sale and other strategic moves. Also, keep an eye on Citrix Synergy (the company’s actual partner conference).
49. Retail’s Big Show (Jan. 17-20, New York): Hosted by the National Retail Federation (NRF), this conference is ideal for channel partners that are trying to spot key IT trends across the retail vertical.
48. SMB TechFest Q1 2016 (Jan. 21-22, Anaheim, Calif.): Hosted by Dave Seibert, the SMB TechFest series appeals to VARs and MSPs in the small business market. Also, watch for the Q2, Q3 and Q4 editions of the conference.
47. USENIX Enigma (Jan. 25-27, San Francisco, Calif.): This first-time event focuses on emerging security threats that are below the radar for most IT professionals and channel partners. Google is one of the conference’s key backers.
46. IBM Connect 2016 (Jan. 31-Feb. 6, Orlando, Fla.): Not to be confused with IBM’s partner conference, the Connect gathering focuses on social business and digital experience technologies. A solid gathering for partners that want to spot enterprise IT trends.
45. HTG Q1 2016 Peer Group Meetings (Feb. 1-5, Phoenix, Ariz.): The first-quarter meeting for HTG Peer Groups, one of the best-known organizations helping VARs and MSPs to build more successful businesses. And of course, watch for HTG Q2, HTG Q3 and the big HTG Q4 conference.
44. TED 2016 (Feb. 15-19, Vancouver, British Columbia): One of the best-known events for thought leaders…
43. IBM PartnerWorld Leadership Conference (PWLC) 2016 (Feb. 15-18, Orlando, Fla.): CEO Ginni Rometti needs to prove she can halt IBM’s multi-year revenue slide. The keys to success involve big data analytics, cloud, mobile and security solutions — and partners who can master those solutions.
42. Spark Summit East 2016 (Feb. 16-17, New York): A surprise pick on our list. Apache Spark is a fast-growth technology for big data analytics… and many partners are jumping on the bandwagon. Also, be on the lookout for Spark Summit West 2016 (San Francisco, June).
41. ASCII IT SMB Success Summits (Multiple Dates, Locations): A popular gathering for VARs and MSPs serving SMB customers.