Live Blog: CompTIA ChannelCon 2018 Day Two
Channel partners, IT professionals and technology companies continue to navigate sessions today at CompTIA ChannelCon 2018 in Washington, D.C.
We’re set to meet with industry influencers every hour on the hour from now through about 7:00 p.m. ET. Check this live blog for ongoing updates, highlights and chatter from each conversation.
6. Cloud Distribution: Pax8 has agreed to offer Axcient/eFolder’s Anchor (file sync and sharing) and Cloudfinder (SaaS backup) platforms to MSPs throughout North America. Pax8 has been gaining momentum as a pure cloud distributor, and Axcient/eFolder has been building distribution relationships since the arrival of Ingram Micro veteran Jason Bystrak as VP of VP of worldwide channels and distribution.
5. MSSP Services: Collabrance has added Security Information Event Management (SIEM) and Vulnerability & Penetration (VUL/PEN) testing to the company’s MSSP offerings for SMB partners. We’ll share more details soon via MSSP Alert.
4. M&A Deals: We’re aware of at least three M&A deals involving attendee companies. One of the deals could be announced as soon as today. And we’re not referring to HP’s surprise buyout of a key channel partner for $500 million… Stay tuned.
3. Congratulations: To CompTIA CEO Todd Thibodeaux for 10 years leading the IT association.
2. MyTechStory: Thibodeaux’s keynote this morning covered #MyTechStory — essentially how his childhood (graduating from Lincoln Logs to Legos to Erector Sets to Slot Cars and more) shaped his journey into the tech industry. CompTIA is driving home the #MyTechStory theme throughout the event, documenting attendees’ journey into the tech industry.
1. Check Back for More: We’ve got confirmed meetings with quite a few folks throughout the day. Stay tuned for recaps in the blog above. PS: Day One highlights are here.