Live Blog: Amazon AWS re:Invent 2018 Cloud Services News
Welcome to items 10 to 1 in our AWS re:Invent 2018 news list.
10. VMware Cloud on AWS Part One: It’s a safe bet VMware Cloud on AWS will expand to new regions and potentially receive more price cuts as VMware and Amazon seek to offset moves by Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
9. VMware Cloud on AWS Part Two: Caveonix now enables MSPs and MSSPs to offer its RiskForesight cyber risk and compliance management platform to VMware Cloud on AWS customers.
8. AWS Data Protection: Druva CloudRanger now supports automated disaster recovery, legal-hold, and file level search for Amazon Web Services (AWS) workloads, the company said today.
7. AWS Backup Cloud: CloudBerry Managed Backup now offers advanced snapshot support for Amazon EC2 instances.
6. Hybrid Cloud Storage: Pure Storage has launched Pure Storage Cloud Data Services, a suite of cloud offerings for Amazon Web Services (AWS). Details are here.
5. AWS Cloud Monitoring: Datadog has introduced end-to-end serverless monitoring for AWS Lambda functions. The effort features integration with AWS X-Ray, which traces serverless calls while they run on AWS-operated infrastructure, the company says.
4. Serverless Computing: Keep an eye on Amazon’s Lambda service for more updates in this area…
3. Databases: Here, the news to watch likely involves a rumored managed version of the open source MongoDB database…
2. Predictive AWS Scaling: Amazon’s elastic compute cloud (EC2) now supports Predictive Scaling. Basically, machine learning boosts EC2’s Auto Scaling technology with Predictive Scaling capabilities. The system allows customers to scale AWS applications proactively, ahead of daily and weekly peaks, the company claims.
1. More AWS re:Invent 2018 News: Got news to share at the conference? Email me the details: Joe@AfterNines.com and we’ll potentially mention the details in this live blog.