Neverfail Promotes MSP Guru Chris Wiser to CRO
Neverfail has promoted MSP Channel Chief Chris Wiser to chief revenue officer (CRO), according to the company website’s executive bio page.
Wiser is the former CEO and founder of TechSquadIT, a well-known MSP. He joined Neverfail in 2015 as MSP Channel Chief when the company was known as Artisan Infrastructure. The business, led by CEO Brian Hierholzer, initially focused on cloud infrastructure services for MSPs and channel partners. But multiple acquisitions have allowed Neverfail to branch out in additional directions.
Among the key moves, the company acquired:
- Vertiscale in mid-2016. Vertiscale delivers a Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) platform for MSPs. It’s now called Neverfail Workspaces.
- Just One Data (a startup on Long Island) and relaunched the offering as a data protection service.
Fast forward to present day and Neverfail’s offerings focus on three core channel partner opportunities:
- Multi-cloud management, including billing and cost analytics, orchestration and more.
- Cloud services focused on public, private and hybrid cloud offerings.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery services.
The Channel: Rise of Chief Revenue Officers
Now, it’s up to Wiser to drive revenue and partner opportunities across all three of those solution sets. Wiser certainly knows what MSPs want from cloud services providers — based on the fact that he’s previously built an MSP. But now he must align those “MSP wants” with Neverfail’s offerings.
Meanwhile, the chief revenue officer (CRO) title is becoming increasingly popular across the IT channel — particularly in MSP-centric circles. ConnectWise (Adam Slutskin), Datto (Brooks Borcherding) and Infrascale (Bill Falk, a Kaseya veteran) each have CROs driving their growth initiatives.