5 Channel Partner & MSP News Updates for 5 May 2023
Blackpoint Cyber Partners with Andretti Autosport; ConnectWise Honored for Cybersecurity Technology; Developing Your Cybersecurity Bench
Credit: Getty Images
Happy Friday and happy Cinco De Mayo. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day on May 5, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Creating a cybersecurity culture: CompTIA has released a new whitepaper, Embedding Cybersecurity into your Culture (PDF). “The greatest chance of success in getting people to change their behaviors, embrace their role in security and embed cybersecurity into an organization’s culture is for them to lean into existing core values,” said Wayne Selk, vice president of cybersecurity programs, CompTIA. “This whitepaper can help any organization identify its values and strengths, along with recommendations on how to leverage those strengths to integrate cybersecurity into the overall company strategy.”
- Cybersecurity and fast cars: Andretti Autosport announced that Blackpoint Cyber, a cybersecurity provider to MSPs, will serve as an official partner on the No. 27 AutoNation Honda of Kyle Kirkwood for the 2023 NTT IndyCar Series season. Through this partnership, Blackpoint aims to showcase how its patented technology helps businesses and managed service providers stay ahead of cyberattacks.
- ConnectWise recognized for cybersecurity: Last week at RSA, MSP platform company ConnectWise won several awards from Cyber Defense Magazine. They include, Market Leader in CyberSecurity Education for small to medium sized businesses (SMBs); Market Leader: Cybersecurity Service Provider; Market Leader: Incident Response; Market Leader: Managed Detection and Response (MDR) Service Provider; and Market Leader: SOC-as-a-Service.
- Customer win: Multi-cloud MSP to tech companies, 2bcloud, announced that risk-based vulnerability management and process automation Nucleus Security has adopted its cloud services to help the companies growth while delivering cost savings to its AWS and Microsoft Azure customers.
- Developing your own bench: Did you check out this week’s Cyber for Hire podcast yet? This week’s show features guest Mike Hamilton, founder and CISO at Critical Insight, Inc., discussing strategies for creating an assembly line of ready-to-go cyber professionals to add to your managed services team, including coordinating with cyber universities and boot camps, and sponsoring apprenticeships, mentorships and internships.
C. Technology Conferences for MSPs, IT Channel Partners and More
- Channel Partners Conference & Expo (May 1-4, Las Vegas)
- Data Center World 2023 (May 8-11)
- Nutanix .Next 2023 (May 9-10)
- IBM Think (May 9-11)
- Tableau Conference (May 9-11)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.