5 Channel Partner & MSP News Updates for 2 May 2023
Cyberattack Hits German Service Provider; Pax8 Gets Another Workplace Award; IBM Says Artificial Intelligence to Replace Jobs
Happy Tuesday. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to wind up your day on May 2, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- Cyberattack hits German service provider: German IT services provider Bitmarck has shut down customer and internal systems following a cyberattack. Visitors to the company’s site are currently greeted with the message (in German): “Welcome to BITMARCK’s temporary website.” The company currently has an FAQ-style update on what happened, what’s been compromised, and what the recovery plans are.
- Pax8 gets another workplace award: MSP cloud marketplace, Pax8, has been named the Best Place to Work by the Denver Business Journal (DBJ) for a second time. The company achieved the second position as one of the top employers in the giant business category, competing with nine other similarly sized companies. The survey used to evaluate companies for the awards assessed employee satisfaction, company culture, and leadership.
- Consumption-based pricing for breach and attack simulation: Keysight Technologies, Inc. has launched new consumption-based pricing for its breach and attack simulation offering, Threat Simulator. The new pricing is offered together with an updated partner program to help managed security service providers improve their security posture.
- IAM provider gets new CEO: iC Consult Americas, a subsidiary of iC Consult Group, an identity and access management (IAM) consultancy and system integrator, and managed services provider for IAM, has appointed Jonathan Edwards as its new CEO. Edwards succeeds Brad Kirkpatrick in the role.
- Reducing workforce needs with AI: In case you missed it, IBM CEO Arvind Krishna told Bloomberg that he expects to pause hiring because roughly 7,800 jobs could be replaced by artificial intelligence (AI) in the coming years. He said hiring specificially inback-office functions such as HR will be suspended or slowed. He added that 30% of non-customer facing roles could be replaced by AI and automation in five years. Could this sentiment at other companies be behind some of the big tech layoffs we’ve seen in the last six months?
C. Technology Conferences for MSPs, IT Channel Partners and More
- Channel Partners Conference & Expo (May 1-4, Las Vegas)
- Data Center World 2023 (May 8-11)
- Nutanix .Next 2023 (May 9-10)
- IBM Think (May 9-11)
- Tableau Conference (May 9-11)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.