RapidFire Tools: New GDPR Compliance Offering for MSPs, Resellers
Many IT service providers — and their customers — are extremely concerned with the European Union’s new GDPR compliance regulations, which go into effect on May 25. Any organization that collects and processes personal information on people who reside within the EU will need to ensure compliance with the new rules.
In order to prepare for this upcoming deadline, companies are auditing their current policies and procedures to become compliant.
How can IT service providers assist customers with their GDPR compliance efforts? Perhaps RapidFire Tools, developers of the Network Detective suite of IT assessment and compliance tools, can assist.
GDPR Compliance Tool
The company recently launched a new Audit Guru for GDPR tool. Through this new utility, MSPs can offer GDPR compliance services focused on such areas as:
- Initial GDPR Assessment: Scan the network environment and answer a set of pre-configured questions to determine if all GDPR requirements are being met, and if not, what needs to be done to become compliant.
- Remediation Services: Document and prioritize issues that must be remediated to address GDPR-related security vulnerabilities through ongoing managed services.
- Documentation: Produce all regularly scheduled mandatory reports. Plus, be proactively prepared in the event of an audit. Demonstrate your client’s “best efforts” to comply with the law.
- Ongoing Compliance. Regular, automated network scans detect ongoing issues, identify potential threats, and provide alert notifications, the company says.
MSPs and Resellers
The compliance offering also signals a RapidFire Tools business evolution. Until now, the company sold its tools to MSPs. Those MSPs, in turn, used the tools as part of their business development and service delivery. But with the compliance offering, MSPs can resell the tool directly to the network owner, according to RapidFire Tools President Michael Mittel.
To facilitate this, the company also launched an Authorized Reseller Partner Program. The new program provides MSPs with:
- Product training
- A not-for-resale Audit Guru license for MSPs to use on their own networks.
- A second Audit Guru license to resell to their first client.
- A web-based product management portal to provision and manage the tool through a consolidated interface, or a “single pane of glass.”
- White-labeled marketing materials to help MSPs sell the new offering.
- One-on-one assistance to help MSPs onboard their first Audit Guru implementations.
- Unlimited technical support.
This solution appears to be a great way for MSPs to expand their portfolio, and offer a service that will be needed by just about every company within the EU, and those that do business inside the EU.
With the deadline fast approaching, companies will be requiring these services quickly, and the learning curve could be steep. Reselling an out of the box solution seems like an easy solution for all involved.