Presidio Concierge: Multi-Cloud Subscription and Cost Management Simplified?
Presidio, the midmarket IT solutions provider, has launched Presidio Concierge — a multi-cloud management platform for Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Cisco WebEx and other types of public and private cloud services. Moreover, Presidio is promoting the service to peer MSPs and resellers that want to create ready-made marketplaces and offer Cloud-as-a-Service to their own end customers.
Launching Presidio Concierge is a key move for the company, which is pushing hard into managed, cloud and digital transformation solutions. That journey involves organic growth, acquisitions — and intellectual property (IP) development.
CEO Bob Cagnazzi, in a prepared statement, says Presidio Concierge addresses several customer needs:
“Our customers are spending more and more money on cloud-based and subscription-based services like Office 365, AWS and Cisco WEBEX. One big challenge we heard from our customers is the lack of visibility. With Presidio Concierge, we provide a single dashboard to manage all their subscriptions, understand usage and consumption and have the ability to make smart spending decisions. We can then advise customers on spending and performance optimization metrics to help our customers save money and maximize the value of their cloud investments.”
According to the company, Presidio Concierge:
- Provides a simplified view of subscription capacity, status and consumption across multi-cloud services;
- allows customers to drill down aggregate data on their Cloud-based services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) and understand utilization and consumption metrics, including billing/invoicing information;
- allows customers to analyze spending on services, visualize usage patterns and identify savings to ultimately make better procurement and spending decisions.
Presidio Concierge: A Closer Look
In some ways, Presidio Concierge sounds similar to the recently launched Ingram Micro CloudBlue, along with cloud cost management and monitoring tools like ParkMyCloud, Scalr, Snow Software and Kaseya’s Unigma.
However, Presidio likely has some of its own secret sauce. The company, after all, has extensive experience serving midmarket customers across North America. In addition to close relationships with Intel, Cisco Systems and VMware, the solutions provider also works very closely with the Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services teams.
The new offerings far more than cost tracking and analytics trends. Concierge’s capabilities, the company says, also include:
- A self-service customizable Marketplace and Service Catalog
- Integrated Automation and Orchestration engine providing dynamic service on-boarding, provisioning, lifecycle management and analytics
- An API Manager providing simple API integration, access, management and control
- A Dynamic Analytics platform providing consumption and financial information with consolidated metrics across providers and services, fueling functionality that “learns” from analytics to help make recommendations
- Federated Security Authentication, Authorization and Policy Management
- Flexible consumption models and financing options
The overall goal is to give customers and partners improved agility, security, governance and cost analysis capabilities, the company indicates.
Presidio has also been active on the M&A front, acquiring Red Sky Solutions earlier this year to gain geographic reach and managed security expertise.
Additional insights from Joe Panettieri.