Five Ways to Get Startup Funding, Small Business Financing in Alabama
So, you’re building an IT services business or a startup company within or near Alabama. How can you find potential funding, financing or mentoring services for your company? Perhaps these five organizations can assist.
1. Advantage Capital Partners: Advantage Capital has raised private funds to invest in states and communities that are underserved by traditional sources of capital. The organization provides equity and debit capital, along with value-added counsel and support.
2. Alabama Launchpad: Alabama Launchpad is a program of the EDPA Foundation (Economic Development Partnership of Alabama Foundation). It’s a partnership between the state’s university, business and economic development communities to encourage and support innovation and high-growth entrepreneurship in Alabama.
3. Birmingham Business Alliance: The alliance is an advocate and catalyst for economic development and business prosperity for the Birmingham region.
4. Birmingham Venture Club: The club, launched in 1985, focuses on a single goal: Creating an atmosphere that encourages entrepreneurial development and investment.
5. Northeast Alabama Entrepreneurial System: The Northeast Alabama Entrepreneurial System is a business incubation program for startup service companies and light manufacturing businesses.
6. What Did We Miss?: If you’re aware of additional Alabama-based organizations then submit the organizations to ChannelE2E’s Funding and Financing Database.
More Business Funding and Financing Options
The ChannelE2E Funding and Financing Database lists angel networks, incubators, financing firms, venture capitalists, private equity firms and mentors that specialize in business growth strategies. More than 400 organizations across the U.S. are listed. ChannelE2E profiles one state per week — pinpointing regional and national organizations that can drive local businesses forward. Submissions and listings in the database are free. All submissions are reviewed by ChannelE2E for relevancy.