VMware VMworld 2019 continues in San Francisco. Here’s a live blog with all of the news, analysis and developments from VMware and its multi-cloud management partners.
37. Any Cloud, Any Device:VMware’s conference keynotes focused mostly on a commitment to help customers build, run, manage, connect and protect any app, on any cloud and any device.
36. Telecom Service Providers: VMware expanded its Telco and Edge Cloud portfolio to drive real-time intelligence for telco networks, as well as improved automation and security for telco, Edge and IoT applications, the company asserts.
VMware Tanzu, a new portfolio of products and services for building apps on Kubernetes. The first product is Tanzu Mission Control, which allows operators to see the health of their entire Kubernetes footprint and more.
A technology preview of Project Pacific, which converges Kubernetes, containers and VMs into vSphere, reimagining the product as a native Kubernetes platform, VMware asserts.
31. NVIDIA Partnership: NVIDIA and VMware announced their intent to deliver accelerated GPU services for VMware Cloud on AWS to power modern enterprise applications, including AI, machine learning and data analytics workflows, the companies say.
30. VMware Cloud Provider Platform (VCPP). The new vCloud Director 10 includes the following enhancements:
Unified View of Hosted Private and Multi-Tenant Clouds;
Intelligent Workload Placement for Greater Efficiency;
Veriflow, a network monitoring software provider that may help MSPs and channel partners to drive down network outages and vulnerabilities while also strengthening the NSX virtual networking portolio.
Intrinsic, a San Francisco serverless computing and software security start-up that works with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
28. State of VMware and Multi-Cloud Management: VMware CEO Pat Gelsinger and COO Sanjay Poonen will kick off the conference with an August 26 keynote focused on cloud, apps, containers, networking, mobility and security.
No doubt, the Gelsinger & Poonen keynote will touch on multi-cloud management across Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud and more. It’s safe to expect multiple updates on VMware Cloud for AWS — which continues to extend into new regions worldwide. Generally speaking, AWS retains its “most favorite nation” status within VMware’s public cloud strategy. But growing partnerships with AWS rivals will surely be on stage.
27. More Updates: Daily updates will continue here through VMware VMworld 2019’s conclusion. Email me your tips for potential news coverage ([email protected]).
VMware VMworld 2019 Partner News: ISVs, MSPs, Integrators and More
Meanwhile, plenty of partner news has also surfaced. Keep checking below for daily updates.
26. Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI):NetApp has unveiled debuted a new virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution, NetApp HCI for VDI with VMware Horizon 7. The company also announced the availability of NetApp Kubernetes Service (NKS) and NetApp HCI Implementation Services for VMware Private Cloud.
25. Vulnerability Risk Assessment: Kenna Security will integrate its vulnerability risk intelligence with VMware AppDefense. VMware admins will gain such capabilities as vulnerability scoring, security context, and prioritized patch recommendations.
24. Cloud Migrations:iland Catalyst a free cloud assessment tool that simplifies the journey to the cloud, has gained multiple enhancements.
23. Cohesity – Data Protection: Cohesity DataProtect and Cohesity DataPlatform have achieved “VMware Partner Ready for VMware Cloud on AWS” validation, Cohesity says.
22. Zerto – Data Protection Part One: The Zerto Analytics Resource Planner, a data protection planning tool, is now available.
21. Zerto – Data Protection Part Two: Zerto has launched an Early Access Program for the Zerto platform certified with VMware’s VAIO framework. The platform, expected to reach general availability in Q4 2019, allows for deployment and support for Secure Boot for vSphere hosts. The capability is especially important for government agencies and highly secure environments more generally, Zerto asserts.
20. ServiceNow for VMware:Blue Medora, a provider of IT monitoring integration solutions, will unveil new ServiceNow capabilities for VMware vRealize Operations at VMworld.
19. Equinix – Data Center Interconnections:Equinix has unveiled an expanded partnership with VMware to support VMware Cloud on Dell EMC.
18. HP Enterprise: HP Enterprise expanded its partnership with VMware to offer VMware Cloud Foundation as a Service. Through the integration of HPE GreenLake and HPE Synergy with VMware Cloud Foundation, the two companies allow mutual customers to keep all their applications, tools and data in-place, while achieving the benefits of cloud and composable infrastructure, HPE asserts.
12. Partnerships:Caveonix, which automates compliance and security posture management, has inked partnerships with CenturyLink, Dizzion and Summit Technologies. The relationships are on display at VMworld.
11. Data Protection:Cloudian has announced general availability of its S3-compatible object storage solution for VMware Cloud Providers. The solution is managed from VMware vCloud Director, a component of the VMware Cloud Provider Platform. VMware Cloud Providers can leverage the object storage solution to offer:
Disaster Recovery-as-a-Service (DRaaS).
Big Data-as-a-Service (BDaaS).
Continue to page two of two for news items 10 to 1 from VMware VMworld 2019.