5 Channel Partner & MSP News Updates for 4 May 2023
Getting A Clear View of Cloud Spending; New HQ for GreenPages; Pax8 Adds Keeper Security; Boomi's New Sales VP; The Banking Crisis
Happy Thursday. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day on May 4, 2023.
What’s In Our Daily Mix?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further energizes our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business day.
- Reaching me: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
Today’s Technology and MSP Partner Program News
- From the world of interest rates and banking: Hours after the U.S. Federal Reserve raised rates again by 0.25%, Bloomberg reported that the regional bank PacWest Bancorp. has been “weighing a range of strategic options, including a sale.” The news follows the failure of three other lenders, starting with Silicon Valley Bank.
- Getting a clear picture of cloud spending: The Linux Foundation’s FinOps Foundation arm, which aims to advance the people and practice of cloud financial management, is launching the FinOps Open Cost and Usage Specification (FOCUS), a technical project to build and maintain an open specification for the presentation of cloud cost, usage, and billing data. Google and Microsoft are founding members and will be on the FOCUS steering committee.
- New HQ for GreenPages: Cloud and cybersecurity services provider GreenPages has named a new president, but the company also made some additional changes. The headquarters has returned to New Hampshire with a new office in Portsmouth. This article includes those details and some of the changes GreenPages went through during the pandemic, including the lessons of a hybrid workforce.
- Pax8 adds more cyber:Cloud commerce marketplace Pax8 has added Keeper Security’s cybersecurity technology to its marketplace. Keeper Security’s offerings include password management, secrets management, privileged access, secure remote access, and encrypted messaging.
- Boomi gets a new sales VP: Connectivity and automation provider Boomi announced the appointment of Adrian Trickett as VP of sales and GM for EMEA. He most recently served as VP of sales at Salesforce’s Mulesoft.
C. Technology Conferences for MSPs, IT Channel Partners and More
- Channel Partners Conference & Expo (May 1-4, Las Vegas)
- Data Center World 2023 (May 8-11)
- Nutanix .Next 2023 (May 9-10)
- IBM Think (May 9-11)
- Tableau Conference (May 9-11)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.