AWS Launches Amazon Chime, Counters Microsoft Skype, Cisco WebEx, Zoom
Amazon Web Services has launched Amazon Chime, which essentially counters Microsoft Skype for Business, Cisco WebEx, Zoom and other unified communications and cloud-based video/web conferencing platforms.
The Chime service looks like this:
Amazon Chime’s key features, according to the company, include:
- Noise-cancelling wideband audio to deliver high-quality audio and HD video to make it “easier to have real conversations in a meeting.”
- Amazon Chime calls participants when it is time for the meeting to start, and lets them join with a single-click.
- Amazon Chime provides a visual roster that allows users to see exactly who has joined, who is running late, and who can’t make it.
- Anyone can share their screen without asking a host to “pass the ball,” or jump to a different application.
- Support for PCs and mobile devices running Microsoft Windows, Apple Mac OS, Apple iOS and Google Android.
Amazon Chime UC Pricing and Features
Amazon Chime is available in three versions:
- Amazon Chime Basic Edition is free and lets users attend meetings, call another person using voice or video, and use Amazon Chime’s messaging and chat capabilities.
- Amazon Chime Plus Edition adds user management, such as the ability to manage an entire e-mail domain, disable accounts, or configure Active Directory, as well as 1GB per user of message retention – for $2.50 per user, per month.
- Amazon Chime Pro Edition adds the ability to host meetings with screen sharing and video for up to 100 users and also includes support for mobile, laptop, and in-room video along with unlimited VoIP support – for $15 per user, per month.
Amazon Chime & AWS Partner Network (APN) Suport
Amazon Chime will be available through APN partners Level 3 and Vonage in Q2 2017, the companies said.
Level 3 will add Amazon Chime to its suite of unified communications and collaboration solutions. Vonage will provide Amazon Chime Pro Edition to its business customers at no additional cost, the companies indicated.
ChannelE2E has reached out to Amazon to determine if a more formalized Chime partner program is on the way.