5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 27 August 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
A. Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
B. Freshly Brewed News and Chatter
1. VMware VMworld 2019 Day 2 News: All of our live coverage is here.
2. Passings – Venture Capital Pioneer: Patty Abramson, a business executive who founded one of the country’s first venture capital funds dedicated to investing in women-owned businesses, has died The Washington Post profiles Abramson’s pioneering work and life here.
3. Women’s Equality Day: Multiple leaders and influencers from WhiteHat Security have weighed in on closing the quality gap — particularly in the cybersecurity industry.
4. Startup Funding, Mentoring: Applications are open for Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator‘s (ERA) Winter 2020 Program. The application deadline is October 28, 2019. The mentoring program runs January 13 through May 1, 2020. ERA is a startup accelerator in New York. Launched in 2011, ERA has invested in 190-plus companies. Startups selected to join the Winter 2020 program will receive a $100,000 investment, with potential for follow-on funding. Participating startups will move into ERA’s New York office for four months and work daily with the accelerator’s mentoring ream.
5. MSP Benchmarking – IT Nation: Attendees of ConnectWise IT Nation Connect 2019 are eligible to receive at no cost, a confidential Service Leadership Index (S-L Index) Fundamentals Diagnostic Report (FDR). Service Leadership Inc. is one of the best-known benchmarking organizations in the IT services provider (ITSM) market. IT Nation Connect attendees who participate will receive this confidential, individual benchmark report comparing their business performance to that of the top quartile performers in the same business model, on 17 critical financial metrics and seven key Operation Maturity Level (OML) Traits, ConnectWise says.
7. MSPs – M&A: ePlus Inc. has acquired ABS Technology for an undisclosed sum.
8. MSP – Financial Services: Abacus Group, an MSP focused on financial services firms, has successfully completed the Service Organization Controls (SOC1) Type 2 audit for its application hosting and managed cloud services.
9. 5G Wireless Network Contract: Cradlepoint, a provider of cloud-delivered LTE and 5G Ready wireless network edge solutions, has earned a five-year NASPO ValuePoint Data Communications Products & Services contract for its NetCloud Service platform and edge router solutions by the State of Utah. Financial terms were not disclosed.
10. Talent – Government IT Services: Unisys has named Mark Forman as vice president, digital government, Unisys Federal. Forman previously was global head of Unisys Public Sector.
C. Channel Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances: MSPs, CSPs, ISVs, VARs
1. ERP and CRM: Microsoft Dynamics 365 partner and independent software vendor (ISV) Xenatus Global has entered ClickLearn’s Authorized Partner Program. Through it, Xenatus can now use ClickLearn’s e-learning software as a value-added service and re-sell licenses to clients for their internal use, the companies say.
D. Next Five Technology Conferences
- VMware VMworld (August 25-29, San Francisco)
- Ingram Micro IoT Summit (September 4-5, Irvine, California)
- SolarWinds Empower MSP (September 4-5, Atlanta, Georgia)
- Taylor Business Group Big Big 2019 Conference (September 12-14, Chicago)
- Oracle OpenWorld 2019 (September 15-19, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].