5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 11 October 2019
Here five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, October 11, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. How I Sold My MSP: Hear from MJ Shoer and Jason Waldrop, as the entrepreneurs describe how they launched, built and sold their MSP businesses. Register now to join our ChannelE2E webcast.
2. M&A – Healthcare MSPs: Medicus IT (MIT) has acquired PriorityOne Group (P1), uniting two well-known MSPs focused on the healthcare vertical.
3. M&A – Data Centers: ServerFarm, a data center developer and operator, has acquired 5NINES Global Holdings as part of an expansion strategy across Europe and the United States.
4. Earnings Warning: Forescout Technologies issued an earnings warning for its third-quarter ended September 30, blaming the shortfall on a challenging macro-economic environment — particularly in EMEA. Still, the company says delayed deals have not been lost to competitors. Revenue for the quarter is expected to be in the range of $90.6 million to $91.6 million, down from the previous estimate of $98.8 million to $101.8 million.
5. Venture Capital Slowdown: Venture capital investments are looking soft in 2019 vs. 2018…
6. Private Equity Still Surging: U.S. private equity firms raised $191 billion in the first nine months of 2019, nearly as much as in all of 2018, as investors flocked to well-known managers raising large capital pools, according to a report by research firm Pitchbook, Reuters says.
7. Talent – Enterprise Managed Services: Charter Communications has hired Bill Archer as executive VP and president of Spectrum Enterprise. The group provides enterprise-grade Internet, networking, voice, video and managed services to Charter’s largest business customers. Archer succeeds Phil Meeks, who previously announced his plan to retire in January of 2020.
8. Multi-Cloud Serverless Monitoring: Zenoss has announced unified serverless monitoring across Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Amazon Web Service (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
9. Free PSA Software: Krow Software has launched free PSA software for startups and small businesses. The included features include the ability to manage client projects, users, time and expense tracking, as well as billing and invoicing. An add-on ($15 per user per month) supports project and client collaboration, and integrations with Xero and QuickBooks.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. ConnectWise-Kaseya Integration: ConnectWise continues to warn MSPs that the company will no longer write a PSA-to-RMM integration to Kaseya VSA. An alternative integration is available from MSP Assist. The latest heads-up surfaced in ConnectWise Manage 2019.5 release notes (see screen shot below), according to ChannelE2E readers:
2. Sales Automation: Project Insight now integrates with Zendesk Duet (a combined offering of Zendesk Sell and Support). Project Insight provides a “Sell, work, bill” process that unifies sales orders, support tickets, tasks and invoices in one application.
3. IT Service Management: Nutanix has integrated its hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) platform with ServiceNow IT Operations Management. ServiceNow customers and partners can discover and track Nutanix HCI environments and incidents automatically.
4. Partner Program: Super Micro Computer Inc. (SMCI) unveiled an enhanced partner enabling program at the company’s annual Innovate! event in Berlin.
5. Partner Growth – Data Storage & Protection: Cohesity’s software revenue has grown 100 percent year over year. Nearly 70 percent of Cohesity’s active channel partners grew their business more than 100 percent during the period, while more than 50 percent of active partners grew their business with Cohesity more than 200 percent. Partners typically leverage Cohesity to deliver managed backup, file share, archival, disaster recovery, and security services, the company says. The venture-backed company did not disclose actual revenue or profit figures.
6. DevOps: CloudBees has launched a Technical Alliance Partner Program (TAPP) for ISV partners focused on DevOps.
7. All Partner Programs: Search the comprehensive ChannelE2E Partner Program Database here. Also, submit your company information here and your partner program can be listed in the database.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Acronis Cyber Summit 2019 (October 13-16, Miami Beach, Florida)
- Workday Rising 2019 (October 14-17, Orlando, Florida)
- Commvault Go 2019 (October 14-16, Denver, Colorado)
- Continuum Navigate 2019 (October 15-16, Las Vegas)
- DattoCon 2019 Paris (October 21-23, France)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].