5 Channel Partner Updates: 16 June 2017
Good morning, channel partners. Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, June 16, 2017.
Actually, there are eight updates for VARs, managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), independent software vendors (ISVs), telco master agents and telco agents to sip on. Take a look…
8. Partner Program Overhaul: SUSE Linux apparently has overhauled its partner strategy, doing away with revenue targets and instead promoting a skills-based approach.
7. Partner Programs: Recorded Future, a threat intelligence company, has launched — which is a value added reseller (VAR) partner program. We don’t know if there’s an MSP or MSSP component.
6. HIPAA and Health Care: Amazon’s Simple Notification Service (SNS) is now a HIPAA eligible service. Meanwhile, Apple apparently is expanding its CareKit for iPhone offering to support a health record repository. Hmmm…
5. IBM Service Providers: IBM’s latest service provider push involves managed applications across hybrid cloud networks. Smart move. We keep wondering when more MSPs and CSPs will focus on application performance management (APM) and the associated customer experience.
4. Top 12 IT Certifications?: They’re listed here, according to CIO.
3. CSP Acquired: Eagle Eye Networks has acquired Panasonic Cloud Management Service Europe B.V. (PCMSEU), makers of Panasonic Cameramanager and Panasonic Nubo. PCMSEU operated the largest number of cloud recorded cameras in Europe and now combined with Eagle Eye creates the world’s first global cloud video surveillance company, the companies say. Panasonic Cloud Management Service Europe B.V. will be renamed ‘Eagle Eye Networks B.V.’ and will function as the European Headquarters for Eagle Eye – selling and supporting the expanded Eagle Eye product line. We’ll share more details soon.
2. ConnectWise Automation Nation: Yes, we’re attending. Want to potentially meet? Please email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.
1. Gary Pica’s Lessons Learned: We’re blogging live from TruMethods Schnizzfest 2017 today in Philadelphia. Check the ChannelE2E homepage around 11:00 a.m. ET and thereafter for multiple updates. First up: TruMethods CEO Gary Pica’s lessons learned from building and running an MSP and member community over the past two decades.