5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 08 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 8, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise Automate Ransomware Attacks: Malicious actors are targeting ConnectWise Automate, an RMM (remote monitoring and management) software platform that’s popular with MSPs (managed IT services providers) and technology solutions providers (TSPs), the company warned on Thursday.
2. M&A – HP and Xerox Negotiations: HP Inc.’s board is still contemplating a $33 billion takeover proposal from Xerox, familiar with the matter said, adding uncertainty to a potential blockbuster deal that would reshape the printing industry, Bloomberg reports.
4. Funding – Application Performance Management: LogRocket has raised $15 million in Series B funding led by Battery Ventures. The company also unveiled LogRocket Metrics, an APM solution built specifically to understand the complex issues that arise in web applications.
5. Private Equity Strength, Concerns: Private equity fundraising in the U.S. has hit an all-time high, Pitchbook reports. However, some folks are betting that bad private equity bets and associated debt may ultimately trigger an economic meltdown.
6. Dropbox Financial Results: The file sync and sharing company announced stronger-than-expected revenue, profit and subscription user results in its latest quarter, Reuters reports.
7. Symantec Consumer Leadership: Symantec’s consumer business has rebranded as NortonLifeLock and announced new executive leadership. The changes come after Broadcom acquired Symantec’s enterprise business.
8. Small Business Cybersecurity Guide: The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), has launched Cyber Essentials, an effort to assist small organizations in understanding and addressing cybersecurity risks.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Talent – Channel Chief: Plixer, which focuses on solving security and network operations challenges, has hired Arbor Networks and Forcepoint veteran Chris Moulas as VP of global sales.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Service Management World Conference (November 9-13, Orlando,Florida)
- Workday Rising Europe 2019 (Nov 12-14, Milan, Italy)
- Synnex Fall Varnex 2019 (Nov 17-20, Las Vegas)
- Ingram Micro ONE 2019 (Nov 18-21, Denver, Colorado)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 (Nov 19-22, San Francisco)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.