Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 29, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
2. MSP Competition – Rivals Pursue Kyndryl Customers: IT consulting firms are pursuing Kyndryl’s managed services customers — especially sub-$50 million clientele, The Economic Times reported. The background: Kyndryl spun off from IBM in early November 2021. Amid falling annual revenues, the managed infrastructure service provider is striving to jumpstart growth as an independent business.
3. M&A Rumor – Data Centers: Blackstone, KKR, DigitalBridge, Equinix and Digital Realty each may be looking to acquire Global Switch, a data center provider, according to Bloomberg.
4. M&A Rumor – False Report?: A report suggests that India’s Reliance Industries may bid to acquire British telecom giant BT Group. But Reliance Industries denied the M&A rumor, Reuters reported.
5. M&A Rumor – Software AG For Sale?: Software AG, valued at 13 times EBITDA, may be up for sale, according to Bloomberg.
6. Funding – Privacy Software Startup: NuLink, a decentralized solution that enables privacy-preserving applications developers to implement best practices and best-of-breed security and privacy, has raised $4 million from a number of crypto investors.
7. Telco Network Costs: U.S. tech giants should bear some of the costs of developing Europe’s telecoms networks because they use them so heavily, the CEOs of Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, and 11 other major European telecoms companies said, according to Reuters. The tech giants were not mentioned by name, but big bandwidth consumers such as Netflix, Google’s YouTube and Facebook apparently are in the crosshairs.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Partnership – IoT Security: ArcusTeam and Lansweeper have partnered to integrate their IT asset management and attack surface management software. Mutual partners and customers gain “risk accuracy and attack vector visibility, enabling a proactive stance against cyber threats,” the two technology companies said.
2. Distribution – Endpoint Security:CMS Distribution and ESET have announced a distribution agreement.
3. Partnerships – Robotic Process Automation (RPA):Ernst & Young (EY) and UST each have earned UiPath Services Network Partner certification for RPA Professional Services.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar