5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: Monday 29 May 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, March 29, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. MSP Software – Partner Support: In a closely tracked LinkedIn thread, some MSPs called on ConnectWise to improve its IT support lines, response times and resolution process. ConnectWise CEO Jason Magee joined the thread, apologized for the issues, vowed to listen to partner concerns, and to address them from there. The thread reinforces larger concerns across some portions of the MSP industry, in which partners are calling on some software providers to improve support or risk defections to other platforms.
3. Russia Hacked Department of Homeland Security – Report: Alleged details are here.
4. M&A – Accenture Buys IT Consultancy: The latest target is Cygni. Moreover, Accenture has now acquired more than 60 IT consulting firms since 2019.
5. IPO – Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Software: UiPath’s SEC filing explains the RPA market, revenue growth, financial losses and potential partner opportunities.
6. List – 80 Technology SPACs: ChannelE2E’s list of Special Purpose Acquisition Companies, updated each business day, explains the potential impact of SPACs on technology companies and their channel partners.
7. Talent – Managed SD-WAN Services: Expereo has announced the appointment of two new sales leadership roles in North America and Asia Pacific. Scott Nichols and Thomas Suh are joining the Expereo leadership team as senior VP of enterprise sales US and director sales APAC, respectively, the company says.
8. Cisco ‘Return to Work’ Partner Strategy: Here’s how the networking company wants to help partners as customers reopen some offices.
9. Talent – IT Monitoring Software: Paessler has named Peter Campisi to lead the company’s North American channel business as its regional manager, channel sales, North America.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Cisco Live 2021 (March 30-April 1, Virtual)
- Fortinet Cloud Security Summit 2021 (April 6-7, Virtual)
- Datasphere 2021: Seagate Conference (March 30, Virtual)
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Unveiled (April 22, Webcast)
- QuoteWerks User Summit (April 28-30, Virtual Event)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here