5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Monday 28 September 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 28, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Happening Today
1. Survey – Top 200 Public Cloud MSPs: Participate here and potentially earn honors.
2. M&A – Endpoint Security: Ivanti is acquiring MobileIron and Pulse Secure to further bolster its unified endpoint management (UEM) and mobile endpoint security.
3. Talent – Data Centers: Evoque Data Center Solutions has hired Tom Marx as chief revenue officer. Marx is well known for his time at.CenturyLink, Level 3 Communications, XO Communications and Bank of America. In those roles, he grew and managed organizations that produced more than $1 billion in annual sales, Evoque notes.
4. Judge Blocks TikTok Ban: A U.S. judge has temporarily blocked a Trump administration order that was set to bar Apple and Alphabet’s Google from offering TikTok for download at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, Reuters reports. Track TikTok ownership & government status updates here.
5. International Data Privacy: Technology firms’ compliance with European restrictions on transatlantic data transfers is shockingly poor, Austrian privacy campaigner Max Schrems said, publishing a survey here of companies including Facebook and Netflix. Source: Reuters, September 28, 2020.
6. M&A – WAN Services: Juniper Networks is acquiring Netrounds, a programmable, software-based active test and service assurance platform suitable for fixed and mobile networks for the entire service lifecycle. The proposed acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter, subject to customary closing conditions.
7. M&A – Compliance Software: Veritas Technologies has acquired Globanet, a privately held software company based in Los Angeles, California. The acquisition further extends Veritas’ portfolio of digital compliance and governance offerings to give customers native visibility into over 80 new content sources. Financial terms were not disclosed.
B. Technology Conferences and Virtual Partner Events
- Today: GlueX 2020 (September 27-29)
- Virtual Vision 2020 (September 29-October 1)
- VMware VMworld 2020 (September 29-October 1)
- MSSP Accelerator (October 7)
- Workday Rising (October 7-8)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here