5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 28 December 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, December 28, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and Partner Program News
1. M&A – Hybrid Events: Zoom has acquired certain assets from Liminal, a startup company that offers event production solutions built largely on Zoom’s SDK. Two of Liminal’s co-founders, Andy Carluccio and Jonathan Kokotajlo, will also join Zoom. Liminal’s solutions empower theaters, broadcast studios, and other creative organizations to more effectively produce on-site events that stream online.
2. SPAC and Venture Capital Bubble?: SPACs (special purpose acquisition companies) and venture capitalists have $900 billion in cash, and the race to invest that money is inflating startup valuations, The Wall Street Journal reported.
3. Potential Initial Public Offering (IPO): Cybersecurity startup Snyk is ramping up to potentially launch an IPO in mid-2022, Bloomberg reported. Snyk’s software helps developers to write code that’s more secure. The company raised $530 million at an $8.5 billion valuation in September 2021.
4. Managed Services Expansion: Consolidated Communications, a broadband and business communications provider, has completed a range of enhancements to its Managed IT Services suite. The company’s MSP capabilities now span Microsoft 365, Managed Desktop Network & Server, Managed Mobile, and Acronis Backup and Disaster Recovery.
6. Partnership – Government Cybersecurity: Government IT solutions provider Carahsoft Technology Corp. will serve as CyCognito’s first Public Sector Distributor. CyCognito develops external attack surface management and protection software.
7. Layoffs – Telecom: Spain’s Telefonica has reached an agreement with labour unions to cut 2,700 jobs (15% of its domestic workforce) via voluntary redundancies in a plan estimated to cost $1.7 billion, Reuters reported.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Citrix Field Kickoff 2022 (January 18-20, Virtual)
- Dynatrace Perform (February 7-11, Las Vegas)
- NerdioCon 2022 (February 21-23, Cancun, Mexico)
- MWC Barcelona 2022 (February 28-March 3, Barcelona, Spain)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.