5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 27 December 2019
Here are five (actually, a bit more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, December 27, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – IT Services Valuation: Cincinnati Bell and two MSP subsidiaries are being acquired for $2.6 billion including debt, or roughly 6.5 times annual adjusted EBITDA, according to ChannelE2E’s estimates.
2. M&A – Artificial Intelligence: How Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and Intel are buying up artificial intelligence startups, according to The Wall Street Journal.
3. Artificial Intelligence – Ethics and Regulations: Some clues about how AI may be regulated…
5. Wawa Data Breach Lawsuit: Wawa has been hit with a wave of lawsuits claiming the company failed to protect consumers from a massive data breach that exposed their credit and debit card information, The Philadelphia Inquirer reports.
6. Web Traffic Security: A Kaspersky Web Traffic Security upgrade features improved early detection of sophisticated web threats, the company says.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].