5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 26 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, November 26, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – Salesforce Cloud Partner: Technology distributor Ingram Micro has acquired the Salesforce cloud consulting practice of Quosphere.
2. M&A – E-Commerce Services: Weyland, a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) provider in the FinTech market, has acquired Push, a subsidiary of ConversionPoint Technologies. Push, which has 20 employees in Minneapolis, Minn., develops a direct-to-consumer eCommerce platform for SMBs.
3. Cloud Migrations and Management: Accenture has launched myNav, a cloud platform that helps organizations design and simulate different cloud solutions to identify the ones that best fit their specific business requirements, the company says. myNav evaluates multiple variables — including an organization’s technology infrastructure, applications, data, operational model and business outcomes — to identify the right solution for enterprises. Next, the platform simulates the recommended cloud services at scale to confirm its viability and refine the business case, Accenture says.
4. Talent – Cloud Monitoring: New Relic has hired Dell EMC veteran Dmitri Chen as EVP and general manager, Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ), responsible for driving customer success in the region.
5. Talent – Enterprise Software: Aptean has hired Manhattan Associates and Aetna veteran Nicole Timan O’Rourke as chief marketing officer.
6. HP Enterprise Financial Results: HP Enterprise missed Wall Street estimates for quarterly revenue on Monday, hit by lower demand for its servers and storage products, sending its shares down about 4% in trading after the bell, Reuters reports.
7. Palo Alto Networks Financial Results: Palo Alto Networks‘ latest financial forecast disappointed Wall Street analysts, but the cybersecurity company also disclosed the Aporeto acquisition for micro-segmentation security services.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Partner Financing: D&H Distributing has enhancing its financial services offering, increasing credit lines for close to 600 of its independent VAR and retail partners, the company says. Extensions will raise limits for these partners up to twice their current levels, totaling more than $21.5 million in newly-available credit.
2. Network Security Management: AlgoSec’s solution for Cisco ACI and security devices is now available on Cisco’s Global Price List. This enables Cisco’s direct and channel sales network to offer AlgoSec’s solutions to customers through Cisco’s SolutionsPlus program, the companies say.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].