5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: Thursday 25 March 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, March 25, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Talent – MSP: Kraft Technology Group of Tennessee has been promoted to president.
2. Talent – Telecom MSP: Velocity has hired Unacast veteran Betty Ong as CFO. She succeeds Ron Ranallo, who has announced his intention to retire. Ranallo will stay on until the end of May to ensure an orderly transition.
3. Salesforce Update: Details about the Sales Cloud 360 platform and strategy are here.
4. Technology SPACs List: A look at 75 blank-check companies that are seeking M&A deals with technology businesses.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Channel Chief – Unified Communications: Access4 has hired Datto channel veteran Peter Eldon as head of sales and marketing for Australia and New Zealand. Also, Access4 hired Acendre and Mimecast veteran Jane Bilsborough as a channel marketing manager.
2. MSP Partner Program Leader – Cisco Systems: Alexandra Zagury has described Cisco’s MSP partner strategy in this blog. Deeper details about Cisco’s overall managed services capabilities for partners are here.
3. Microsoft Azure Expert MSPs: Infopulse is the latest service provider to earn the Microsoft Azure Expert MSP designation. Only about 100 MSPs worldwide have earned the designation.
4. Partner Program – Cybersecurity Awareness Training: Curricula has launched a channel partner program that lets MSPs, MSSPs and value-added resellers (VARs) offer security awareness training to their customers.
5. Partner Program – Voice and Messaging: Coolwave Communications has launched a global partner program to “enable service providers to “rapidly monetize voice, messaging and cloud-based communications.”
6. Partnership – Document Processing: KnowledgeLake, a provider of content automation solutions, has inked a strategic partnership with Covenant Technology Partners, an IT consulting firm. KnowledgeLake and Covenant will provide their clients with an “end-to-end intelligent document processing platform that will help maximize the value of their clients’ investment in Microsoft solutions,” the companies say.
7. Partner Program – Project Management: Deltek has launched the Deltek Partner Network partner program.
8. Partnership – Red Hat on AWS: Red Hat and Amazon Web Services have announced Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS (ROSA), a new managed service available via the AWS Console. The service “makes it easier for Red Hat OpenShift customers to build, scale, and manage containerized applications on AWS,” the two companies say.
10. Partnership – Cloud Storage: Unitrends partners and customers can now automatically move infrequently accessed data to Wasabi’s cloud to free up primary storage capacity, shrink their backup footprint, and better align storage costs with data value, the two companies say. Unitrends is a Kaseya company.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Cisco Live 2021 (March 30-April 1, Virtual)
- Fortinet Cloud Security Summit 2021 (April 6-7, Virtual)
- Datasphere 2021: Seagate Conference (March 30, Virtual)
- Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs Unveiled (April 22, Webcast)
- QuoteWerks User Summit (April 28-30, Virtual Event)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here