5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: Monday 25 January 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, January 25, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Microsoft 365 and Azure Security: SOCSoter has implemented three IoCs (Indicators of Compromise) into its Managed Cloud SIEM cloud monitoring tool. As a result, SOCSoter can provide continuous coverage on malicious activity in the Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud ecosystem, SOCSoter asserts.
2. Funding – Cloud-Native Network Security: Valtix has secured $12.5 million in strategic funding from Cisco Investments, Northgate Capital and The Syndicate Group. These new investors join Trinity Ventures, Vertex Ventures and Wing Venture Capital, which committed $14 million in initial funding when the company launched in 2019, Valtix says. On the channel front, Valtix will work with The Syndicate Group (TSG) to build a partner ecosystem spanning VARs, integrators and consultancies.
3. New SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company): Investor Avi Katz’s Palo Alto-based firm GigCapital Inc. has filed plans for its fourth “blank check” company, seeking to raise $260 million, Silicon Valley Business Journal reports. The plan is to use the money raised by GigCapital4 to take an as-yet-unnamed company public from the technology, media and telecommunications or sustainable industries sectors, the report says.
4. Investors – Fiber Optic Networks: French telecom giant Orange SA is carving out and selling half its interest in a fiber-optics operator valued at 2.7 billion euros (US$3.3 billion), the latest in a series of deals by carriers to share the cost of deploying the technology to rural regions, Bloomberg reports. Investors in the fiber optic network carveout include La Banque des Territoires, CNP Assurances and EDF Invest, according to this Orange statement.
5. SAP Turnaround Challenges: Investors appear to be getting impatient with SAP’s shift toward cloud services revenues, Bloomberg reports.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- NerdioCon – Azure for MSPs Conference (January 26-27)
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- MSP Sales Strategies From Chris Wiser: ChannelE2E Webcast (February 25)
- Reinforce AI Conference Powered by Ericsson (March 3-5)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here