5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market Updates: 24 May 2022
Here are five (actually more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, May 24, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Executive Leadership – MSP Organization: The 20, a business development group for MSPs, has hired Michael Bone as chief revenue officer. Bone previously was CRO at ESW Capital and CompassMSP.
2. Partnership – Closing Talent Gaps: EY and IBM have expanded their alliance, this time to “help businesses around the world address some of the most pressing workforce challenges in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, including employee recruiting, retention, upskilling and the need to transform HR systems technology at speed and scale,” the two companies said.
3. Partnership – Secure File Services: CTERA and Wasabi Technologies have partnered to provide integrated file and object data service for mid-sized companies. The service will be delivered by channel partners.
4. GitLab Partner Program: GitLab has updated its partner program to include such components as the GitLab Certified Training Partner Program. Moreover, it also features a “reimagined” Alliance Partner Program that attracted more than 50 technology companies in the past year. The latest partners include ARM, CyberArk, D2iQ, Dynatrace, Kontra, Rezilion, Secure Code Warrior & Tabnine.
5. PayPal & FinTech Layoffs: Details surfaced here. Meanwhile, Swedish payment giant Klarna is cutting 10% of its staff, TechCrunch reported.
6. Government Cybersecurity: Check Point Software Technologies has completed a new Common Criteria (CC) certification — which reinforces Check Point’s ability to “meet or exceed the security requirements of the 31 Nations who are members of the Common Criteria Recognition Agreement (CCRA),” the company noted.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Microsoft Build 2022 Developer Conference (May 24-26, Virtual)
- ServiceNow Knowledge Live 2022 (May 25-56, Las Vegas and Australia)
- ConnectWise IT Nation Secure 2022 (June 6-8, Orlando, Florida)
- RSA Conference 2022 (June 6-9, San Francisco)
- Extreme Networks Connect 2022 (June 6-9, Nashville, Tennessee)
- Our Conference: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.