5 Channel Partner and MSP Market News Updates: 23 June 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, June 23, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. IT Consulting vs. Recession: Accenture quarterly results & full-year forecast suggest the IT consulting & outsourcing markets remain strong amid recession talk.
2. Venture Capital Reality Check: Softbank, the venture capital firm that backs Pax8, is under pressure. Indeed, Softbank founder Masayoshi Son will face shareholders on June 24 amid the venture capital firm’s $34 billion market value loss over the past year, Bloomberg notes.
3. Private Equity: Thoma Bravo has invested in Grayshift, a provider of digital forensics solutions to public safety agencies. Financial terms were not disclosed. Existing investors PeakEquity Partners and C&B Capital will remain as shareholders in Grayshift.
5. Channel Chief: DartPoints, a digital infrastructure provider, has hired AT&T veteran Jackie Steinberg as channel chief — a new role for the company.
6. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Software: NICE Robotic Process Automation (RPA) version 7.7 has launched. Three key enhancements include:
- embedded on-screen web callouts for more seamless real-time agent guidance;
- an AI-powered business insights dashboard for accelerated and efficient decision making; and
- a next-generation connectivity watchdog that identifies disruptions, analyzes their business impact, and recommends the best option for repair, NICE indicated.
7. Mobile Device Management (MDM): Only 23% of organizations say that all or nearly all of their mobile devices are enrolled in MDM (mobile device management) platforms, a State of Device Management report from Fleet indicated.
9. Cloud Research: Deloitte’s latest findings are here.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- HPE Discover 2022 (June 28-30)
- CyberArk Impact 2022 (July 12-14)
- Microsoft Inspire 2022 Partner Conference (July 14-15)
- AWS re:Inforce 2022 Cybersecurity Conference (July 26-27)
- Build IT Live 2022 (July 27-29)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.