5 Channel Partner Updates: Friday 22 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 22, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. ConnectWise – New COO and CFO: Details are here.
2. Funding – Multi-Cloud Management: MontyCloud has raised a $2.85 million seed round led by Madrona Venture Group. The company also launched its multi-cloud management platform in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace. Support for Microsoft Azure is forthcoming.
4. Business Continuity: CloudOak has unveiled the full release of Plan4Continuity, a cloud-based Business Continuity Planning and Automation Tool for Technology Solution Providers (TSPs). The platform includes 20-plus continuity templates addressing such events as Active Shooter, Data Breach Response, Fire Evacuation, Flood, Natural Disaster, Disaster Recovery, Cyber Security Audits and Ransomware Attacks. Moreover, the solution can detect CloudOak CUBES, Rubrik appliances, Cohesity applications and Datto devices.
5. Splunk Financial Results: The software company’s third-quarter of fiscal 2020 financial results included…
- Revenue of $626 million, up 30 percent year over year.
- A net loss of $57.6 million, slightly larger than a $55.7 million net loss in the corresponding quarter last year.
The figures and a forecast generally exceeded Wall Street’s expectations.
6. Pure Storage Financial Results: Pure Storage’s third-quarter of fiscal 20220 financial results included…
- Revenue of $428.4 million, up 15 percent year over year.
- Net income of $34.2 million, down slightly from $35.4 million in the corresponding quarter last year.
A Pure Storage financial forecast fell short of Wall Street’s expectations, and the company’s stock fell sharply on the news.
7. SD-WAN Managed Services: InterVision, an IT service provider, has introduced a Managed SD-WAN offering for networking and application layer management.
8. AI – IT Service Management: Serviceaide is beta testing an Intelligent Service Management (ISM) platform upgrade. The beta release includes new AI (artificial intelligence) features that “significantly improve mean time to resolution, reduce cost per service request or incident, improve user satisfaction, and lighten workloads for service desks and IT departments, Serviceaide asserts.
9. Xerox Letter to HP: Still seeking an M&A deal, Xerox has sent this letter to HP.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Funding: Perimeter 81, a Zero Trust secure cloud-based network provider, has raised $10 million in Series A funding led by SonicWall.
2. Distribution – Cloud Services: CloudBlue, an Ingram Micro business, has launched CloudBlue Connect, an omni-product platform aimed at helping vendors and service providers expand their reach and decrease time to market with minimal overhead costs, Ingram says.
3. AWS – Collaboration Applications: Mitel has teamed with Amazon Web Services on their development of the Amazon Chime software development kit (SDK) for extending audio calling, video calling, and screen sharing capabilities to a wide variety of applications, Mitel says.
4. Partner Program – Data Management: WekaIO has launched WekaIO Innovation Network (WIN), a global partner program to assist partners with modern storage architecture solutions, technical expertise, and an enhanced value proposition, the company asserts.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.