5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 22 July 2021
Here five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, July 22, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. M&A – Microsoft Azure Security: Microsoft has acquired CloudKnox Security to further boost Microsoft Azure identity and access management (IAM) capabilities.
2. Big MSP Still For Sale?: CompuCom has been up for sale throughout 2021. Will a buyer emerge? Perhaps we’ll get an answer when CompuCom and Office Depot parent ODP announces quarterly results on August 4, 2021…
3. Co-Managed SD-WAN Services: GTT Communications has launched a Secure Co-Manage feature to its EtherVision portal. Customers gain “enhanced network security visibility and the ability to make real-time changes to network configuration and firewall policies,” GTT asserts.
4. Right to Repair: The U.S. Federal Trade Commission said it wants to give consumers more power to fix devices such as smartphones and home appliances, voting to step up efforts targeting manufacturers if the agency determines repair restrictions are illegal, The Wall Street Journal reports. Consumer advocates say device owners should have the “right to repair” devices. However, TechNet, a trade association of technology companies whose members include Apple, criticized the FTC decision, saying it was unnecessary and could end up creating new risks to consumers, The Journal says.
5. Zoom – SPAC Investment?: Zoom may invest in Cvent, an event management software company that’s set to go public through a merger with SPAC (Special Purpose Acquisition Company) Dragoneer Growth Opportunities II. The potential Zoom investment in CVent was reported first by Bloomberg.
7. From Chip Shortage to Chip Glut?: Texas Instruments is warning that the current chip shortage could turn into a market glut because chip companies are aggressively ramping production and perhaps over-estimating long-term demand, Bloomberg reports.
8. Talent – Cloud Communications: CoreDial has named Jason Harper as chief technology officer.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- CompTIA ChannelCon 2021 (August 3-4, Virtual)
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- IT Nation Connect APAC 2021 (September 1-3, Australia)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2021 (September 21-23, Multiple Cities and Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.