5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: Friday 22 January 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, January 22, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Survey – Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs: Participate here to earn potential honors. Deadline for entries is today (Friday, January 22).
2. M&A – MSPs: Thrive, a Top 100 Vertical Market MSP and Top 250 MSSP, has acquired Apex IT Group, an MSP in the Greater Philadelphia region. Thrive is backed by private equity firm M/C Partners. Apex was originally built by George Mach, and for some time had financial backing from TruMethods CEO Gary Pica and TruMethods CTO Bob Penland. Mach more recently has been building CounterAct Cybersecurity Group. Stay tuned for more details on the Thrive-Apex IT Group M&A deal.
4. Startup – IT Service Management (ITSM) Software: StackPulse has emerged from stealth mode and raised $20 million in Series A funding led by GGV Capital. StackPulse develops a “reliability platform for developers, SREs and on-call engineers. Teams use StackPulse to reduce alert fatigue, decrease toil, bring down Mean Time to Resolution and meet Service Level Objectives,” the startup says.
6. Partnership – Unified Communications: Semafone, a provider of data security and compliance solutions, says the company’s Cardprotect Voice+ is compliant with key customer engagement solutions from Avaya.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- NerdioCon – Azure for MSPs Conference (January 26-27)
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- MSP Sales Strategies From Chris Wiser: ChannelE2E Webcast (February 25)
- Reinforce AI Conference Powered by Ericsson (March 3-5)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here