5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Monday 21 September 2020
Here are five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, September 21, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Happening Today
1. Top 250 MSSPs 2020: MSSP Alert unveiled the Top 250 MSSPs for 2020 on September 17. Find the entire list of honorees and research results here.
2. Funding – Service Desk Software Startups: Atlassian has launched a $50 million venture capital fund to help startups build software products that support Atlassian’s platforms. Atlassian’s software portfolio targets such markets as IT service management, project management, incident response, business management, collaboration and more.
3. Entry Level Linux Certification: Details are here from The Linux Foundation and Certiverse.
4. Partnership – SD-WANs: VMware will offer its SD-WAN Edge as a virtual network function (VNF) on Equinix’s Network Edge. VMware is also extending its presence in Equinix International Business Exchange (IBX) data centers across the Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East, the companies say.
5. Self-Service Analytics on AWS: Ahana has launched Presto-as-a-Service offering to simplify the deployment, management and integration of Presto, an open source distributed SQL query engine, with data catalogs, databases and data lakes on Amazon Web Services (AWS).