5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Friday 20 November 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, November 20, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Happening Today
1. New – Top 250 Public Cloud MSPs – 2020 List and Research : See it here.
2. M&A – Private Equity and SMB Software: Private equity firm Leonard Green & Partners is acquiring ECI Software Solutions, a provider of cloud-based ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications for small and medium sized companies. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. ECI has 1,700 employees and 22,000 customers. Apax Partners will retain a minority stake in ECI.
3. Talent & Growth – MSP Scheduling Software: TimeZest, which develops scheduling automation software for MSPs, has scaled to “hundreds of MSPs and thousands of users” since launching at IT Nation Connect in 2019, the company says. ConnectWise veteran Gerwai Todd is now CEO, Jamison West is chairman and Jason Langenauer is chief product officer. The overall business has nine employees, and the platform is expected to hit 150,000 scheduled meetings in December 2020, Todd estimates. Extending beyond ConnectWise Manage support, TimeZest expects to offer Datto Autotask PSA integration in Q1 2021, with additional platform support also under consideration…
5. Microsoft Azure Data Migrations: Datadobi, a provider of unstructured data management software, now supports file data migration to and protection on Microsoft Azure.
6. McAfee Quarterly Results: McAfee’s revenue was $728 million in Q3 2020, up 10 percent from Q3 2019. Net income was breakeven. It has been a busy few weeks for McAfee. The company recently launched the MVISION Marketplace for security partners; aligned with Amazon to secure SMBs; unveiled XDR milestones; and launched an IPO.
B. Channel Partner Program and Strategic Alliances
3. Partner Program – Blockchain: Algorand has announced the Algorand Partner Program (APP).
4. Partner Program – Containers: StormForge, a provider of Kubernetes optimization and cloud-native performance testing software, has launched the StormForge Global Partner Program. Carmen Means, global director of partnerships, is leading the effort.
C. Technology Conferences and Virtual Partner Events
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2020 Virtual (November 30-December 18)
- SAP TechEd 2020 (December 8-10)
- Citrix Summit 2021 (January 12-14)
- Subsurface Live Winter 2021 Data Lake Conference (January 27-28)
- Avaya Engage 2021 (February 7-10, Orlando)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here