5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 20 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
2. M&A – IT Consulting Services: Converge Technology Solutions has acquired VSS Holdings, a Northeast based partner focused on managed services, technology solutions, IT portfolio management, and consulting services.
3. Talent – SMB Networking: Netgear has named Vikram Mehta to run the company’s SMB products and services business. He will succeed John McHugh, effective January 2, 2020. McHugh is retiring. Mehta previously held key executive and management roles at Blade Network Technologies, Nortel Networks, Alteon WebSystems, Ensim and HP.
4. Talent – IT Solutions Provider: Novatech has hired managed services industry veteran Scott Stahl as chief operating officer (COO).
5. Talent – Unified Communications as a Service: Avaya has hired Anthony Bartolo as chief product officer, effective December 9, 2019. He returns to the company after a three-year stint at Tata Communications.
6. MSP – Office 365 Security: IT Weapons, the IT services division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions Canada, has unveiled a suite of security services designed to protect Office 365 email and application data.
7. Networking: Extreme Networks has announced new capabilities for its Extreme Fabric Automation software. They include simplified automation and provisioning; integrations with OpenStack, VMware vCenter and Microsoft SCVMM; and support for various security certifications and TAA compliance mandates.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. AWS Cloud Management Tools: nOps has launched a partner version of its AWS cloud management platform.
2. Google Cloud and SAP Migrations: Google has unveiled a cloud migration program for SAP customers. The move comes roughly seven months after Google hired SAP veteran Robert Enslin as president of global customer operations for cloud.
3. Google Cloud and NetApp: The NetApp Cloud Volumes Service and Cloud Volumes ONTAP for Google Cloud are now generally available. The former is a cloud-native, Google Cloud integrated file service. The latter is a data management solution. NetApp and Google Cloud share more details here.
4. ServiceNow Partners: Buchanan & Edwards Inc. is now a ServiceNow Premier Partner — including vertical market expertise as a Public Sector, and expertise as an Authorized Training Provider. Meanwhile, IntegrityPro Consulting (IPC) is now a ServiceNow Premier Partner.
5. Distribution – Ingram Micro & Cisco: Ingram Micro is touting an enhanced Cisco Partner Go Portal that allows partners to quote, order and track Cisco solutions and services.
6. Consulting – Microsoft Business Unit: Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is setting up a Microsoft Business Unit (MBU) to support Microsoft’s portfolio of business software and cloud services.
7. Partner Program – Video Surveillance: Pivot3 has enhanced its Global Partner Program to include a defined three-tier system, expanded training options, and greater access to joint marketing funds and qualified leads. Pivot3 provides Pivot3 is the leading provider of intelligent hyperconverged infrastructure (HCI) solutions for video surveillance, video analytics, VDI and mixed workloads.
8. Partner Program – Data Protection: Cohesity has enhanced its channel partner program with “generous bonuses for bringing in new customers, streamlined processes for incentives and market development fund (MDF) management, as well as the ability to clearly differentiate partner capabilities,” the company says. VP of Global Channels Bill Lipsin, a recent hire, oversees the program.
9. Partnership – Data Protection: — Otava has launched multiple data protection services based on Veeam Software. The offerings incoude Otava Cloud Connect, Otava-Managed Cloud Backup and Self-Managed Cloud Backup.
10. Partner Program – Data Management: Cloudera has launched a new Cloudera Connect partner program to help partners monetize the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP).
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Ingram Micro ONE 2019 (Nov 18-21, Denver, Colorado)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 (Nov 19-22, San Francisco)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.