5 Channel Partner Updates: Wednesday 20 May 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, May 20, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – Point of Sale: Standard Cognition, developer of an autonomous checkout solution, has acquired Milan, Italy-based Checkout Technologies. Standard Cognition gains Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology for retail frictionless checkout.
2. Multi-Cloud Management: Microsoft Azure Arc, a single dashboard for multi-cloud management — including Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform — has reached public preview.
3. AWS Backup: Some chatter about MSP360 surfaced in a big way in an AWS blog yesterday…
4. Partnership – Cisco and AWS: The latest details are here.
6. Partnership – SD-WANs for Small Businesses: Kinetic Business by Windstream has launched an SD-WAN solution that leverages VMware SD-WAN powered by VeloCloud.
7. Work From Home – DaaS: GreenCloud is pitching Desktop as a Service (DaaS) as a solution to assist businesses with remote work connections.
8. Dell Secure Business PCs: The latest details are here.
9. Talent – Search and Discovery: Algolia has hired Alfresco veteran Bernadette Nixon as CEO.
B. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- List: Tech Conferences Rescheduled, Canceled, Postponed or Online Only
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar