5 Channel Partner and MSP Updates: Monday 19 October 2020
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 19, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Happening Today
1. Partner Strategy – Acronis: The Cyber Protection Platform provider is expected to announce product and partner updates this week during the Acronis Global Cyber Summit. In a ChannelE2E interview ahead of the virtual summit, Acronis CEO Serguei Beloussov shared some clues about the company’s business strategy.
2. Hardware as a Service – Dell, Cisco, HPE: Dell Technologies is expected to discuss an Everything as a Service push this week during the Dell Technologies World virtual conference. The effort will blend hardware as a service, financing and other components to help make hardware more consumable for MSPs and end-customers. Cisco Systems is expected to make similar As-A-Service moves during Cisco Partner Summit 2020 later this month. And just last week, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) provided an update on its overall As-A-Service push.
3. Sherweb Accelerate 2020: The company’s virtual cloud summit kicks off this week, with ongoing sessions expected through December 2020.
4. Talent – Microsoft M&A Leader: Microsoft’s mergers and acquisitions chief Marc Brown is leaving the company after a more than two-decade stint working on deals ranging from LinkedIn to Nokia Oyj’s handset unit, Bloomberg reports. Brown was vice president of corporate development. The company has not named a successor.
5. Cloud Expansion: OVHcloud Public Cloud services are now available from the company’s West Coast data center in Hillsboro, Oregon. OVHcloud manages 30 data centers across 12 sites on four continents, manufacturing its own servers, building its own data centers and deploying its own fiber-optic global network, the company says.
7. Cisco SecureX Further Explained: Cisco Systems’ SecureX platform offers these five benefits to partners, the networking giant asserts.
8. IBM Earnings & MSP Spin-Off: IBM is expected to announce quarterly earnings after U.S. markets close today (Monday, October 19). Among the big question marks: Which pieces of IBM’s MSP business will be spun off as part of a company breakup plan. The spin-off, expected in 2021, is expected to represent $19 billion in annual revenues. But many details have yet to be announced. Among the question marks: Is IBM’s MSSP business part of the spin-out, or will that business remain with the parent company?
B. Technology Conferences and Virtual Partner Events
- Acronis Global Cyber Summit 2020 (October 19-21)
- Splunk .conf Digital Conference 2020 (October 20-21)
- Dell Technologies World 2020 (October 21-22)
- Sherweb Accelerate 2020 (October 21-22)
- OpenText World 2020 (October 26-29)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here