5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 19 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, November 19, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Hot Today
1. Research – Women Entrepreneurs: This comprehensive report about women entrepreneurs sheds new light on women-owned businesses worldwide.
2. Talent – MSP: Carousel Industries has hired Commvault and Presidio veteran Adam Anderson as VP of Cisco sales.
3. Talent – Object Storage: Cloudian has hired Carlo Garbagnati as VP of engineering. He succeeds Gary Ogasawara, whom shifts to chief technology officer.
4. Talent – Cloud Infrastructure: Packet has hired Gary Green as chief revenue officer (CRO), reporting to CEO Zachary Smith.
5. Application Performance Management: SolarWinds has announced AppOptics Dev Edition, a free version of its award-winning SaaS infrastructure and application performance management (APM) solution. The software allows developers to test, optimize, and troubleshoot business applications before they go live in production operations, SolarWinds says.
6. Cloud Security: Trend Micro has unveiled Cloud One, a security services platform for organizations building applications in the cloud. The Cloud One platform will be available in Q1 2020 with three services fully integrated: workload security, network security and application security. The other components will be available as stand-alone solutions in Q1 2020 and integrated into Cloud One by the end of 2020. The overall portfolio will span Workload Security, Container Image Security, File Storage Security, Network Security, Cloud Posture Management and Application Security.
7. Research – Women Entrepreneurs: This comprehensive report about women entrepreneurs sheds new light on women-owned businesses worldwide.
8. SD-WANs: Aryaka has expanded its portfolio of managed SD-WAN offerings to include:
- Aryaka SmartConnect – Connectivity as-a-service offering with global and new regional offers, last mile and HybridWAN
- Aryaka SmartOptimize – Network and application acceleration as-a-service featuring TurboNet and TurboApp
- Aryaka SmartCloud – Managed multi-cloud networking as-a-service for public clouds, SaaS providers and partner clouds
- Aryaka SmartSecure – Security as-a-service including managed firewall offering and network function virtualization (NFV) capability for pureplay firewall products
- Aryaka SmartInsights – Actionable insights-as-a-service powered by MyAryaka cloud portal
9. Cisco Lawsuit vs. Former Employees: Cisco Systems has filed suite against former employees who allegedly stole company information before moving on to new employers. The former Cisco employees apparently landed at Poly.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Distribution – Partner Financing: Ingram Micro has unveiled an expanded channel finance strategy for U.S. and Canadian partners. The latest efforts, Ingram Micro says, include:
- Ingram Micro Flexible Payment Solutions: These offerings expand upon the former Ingram Micro Lease-IT! program. New options include As-A-Service financing, various consumption models, annuity financing, and flexible rental and lease options. Most of these offerings are available in both the U.S. and Canada.
- Ingram Micro Managed Services Financing: This is designed specifically for MSPs. Select MSPs have leveraged the program over the past three years. It’s now generally available across North America.
- Ingram Micro Direct Express: This features added credit capacity and working capital for our U.S. partners and will be launched in Canada in early 2020. The program simplifies multi-year software deals, Ingram adds.
2. Partner Program – Security: Menlo Security has launched the BOOST! Channel Program for North American partners. The company also recently named Danielle Wilson as director of North America channels. The company’s customers include seven of the 10 largest banks, four of the five largest credit-card issuers, and some of the largest energy and critical infrastructure companies in the world, Menlo Security says.
5. ThreatStack Partner Program: Threat Stack has launched a new partner program for VARs, MSSPs and MSPs. The Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform can provide MSSP and MSP partners with access to security telemetry directly within existing security workflows and tools like SIEMs, the company asserts. Early partners include Optiv, Levvel, and VLCM.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Synnex Fall Varnex 2019 (Nov 17-20, Las Vegas)
- Ingram Micro ONE 2019 (Nov 18-21, Denver, Colorado)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 (Nov 19-22, San Francisco)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: Joe@AfterNines.com.