5 Channel Partner Updates: Thursday 19 December 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Thursday, December 19, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
3. M&A – Private Equity and Cloud MSP: Carbon60 has acquired Cirrus9, a managed cloud and hosting solutions provider. Financial terms were not disclosed. Carbon60 is backed by M/C Partners, a private equity firm.
4. Funding – Billing Software: BillingPlatform, a cloud-based monetization and billing software provider, has raised $10 million in Series B funding from Columbia Capital.
5. Talent and Compensation – Private Equity CEOs: CEO compensation of private equity and venture capital firms will rise more than 20 percent in 2020 compared to 2019. Of the more than 50 top CEOs and CEO candidates interviewed during the study, 72% were interested in joining PE-backed companies versus 28% attracted to VC-backed firms, according to Jeff Christian Partners and PE firm Talent Equity Capital.
6. Talent- IT Field Services: Sitehands is hiring Chris Corrado as president and chief operating officer, effective in early April 2020. The company offers an IT field service platform that allow partners to “manage clients at scale” while also aligning the right field technicians with the right customer tasks, Sitehands says.
7. Talent – Software Asset Management: Snow Software has hired Paula Darvell as chief marketing officer.
8. Accenture Financial Results: The global IT consulting firm delivered first quarter of 2020 financial results. Key metrics include:
- Revenue of $11.36 billion, compared with $10.61 billion for the first quarter of fiscal 2019, up 7 percent in U.S. dollars and 9 percent in local currency.
- Net income for the quarter was $1.38 billion, up 6 percent from $1.29 billion for the first quarter last year.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. MSP & IT Pro Conference: LogicMonitor’s Level Up 2020 conference is confirmed for May 27-29 in Austin, Texas.
2. Distribution – Everything as a Service: D&H Distributing is creating a “Everything as a Service” product and services bundles for collaboration, endpoint devices, unified communications, and storage, to be delivered via an ongoing subscription. The XaaS bundles can be viewed and ordered on the D&H Cloud Marketplace, Jason Bystrak, D&H’s vice president of cloud, is driving the effort.
3. Distribution – Asset Lifecycle Management: Ingram Micro Commerce & Lifecycle Services and Procurri are partnering to offer a complete global ITAD solution, the duo says. Together, the organizations will offer IT Asset Disposition, Asset Recovery and Recycling services in over 80 countries.
5. Network Security: Nozomi Networks Inc., a provider of OT and IoT security, has received Cisco Compatible certification to integrate with Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE).
6. Microsoft and Oracle: The two technology giants have expanded their existing interoperability partnership to extend into Canada.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- NRF 2020: Retail’s Big Show (January 12-14, New York)
- Citrix Summit 2020 (January 13-15, Orlando, Florida)
- Auvik Networks Frankly MSP Live (January 14-15, Santa Barbara, California)
- TruMethods Schnizzfest 2020 (January 19-21, Orlando, Florida)
- Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].