5 Channel Partner and MSP News Updates: Monday 18 October 2021
Here five technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, October 18, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to Joe@AfterNines.com.
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. MSP Software- Full-Stack Monitoring: InsightCat surfaced on our radar this morning. The startup, founded in 2019, appears to offer monitoring capabilities that span infrastructure, logs, application performance management (APM), data retention, backups, and plenty more. InsightCat is multi-tenant for MSPs, a spokesperson for the company tells ChannelE2E.
2. MSP – IBM-Kyndryl Spin-Off: IBM’s plan to spin-off Kyndryl as a standalone managed infrastructure services business continues to move forward. Here are two key IBM-Kyndryl dates to know.
3. Remote Access Software – Teamviewer CFO Departing:: TeamViewer CFO Stefan Gaiser will exit the company later this year. The disclosure companies after Teamviewer announced a disappointing financial forecast on October 6. Teamviewer was growing swiftly amid the coronavirus pandemic and resulting shift to remote worker IT support. But slowing growth has investors wondering if the initial remote support boom is now subsiding.
4. Migrations – SAP on Google Cloud: Rackspace Technology, the multi-cloud MSP, has achieved the SAP on Google Cloud Specialization in the Google Cloud Partner Advantage Program.
5. AWS Semiconductors: Amazon Web Services (AWS) plans to keep designing its own semiconductors — with some new developments in the pipeline, according to CNBC. stressing the cost benefits for clients. The AWS focus on hardware could ultimately pressure Intel, AMD and other server chip suppliers, some pundits believe.
6. Avaya Partner Ecosystem: Avaya has unveiled Avaya Experience Builders, an effort to globally align “Avaya’s services, partners and developers into an ecosystem designed to help enterprises build better experiences for employees and customers, wherever and whenever communications and collaboration happen,” the company said.
7. IPO – SMB Expense Management: Expensify has filed for a potential IPO (initial public offering) on the Nasdaq under the symbol “EXFY.” The number of shares to be offered and the price range for the proposed offering have not yet been determined, the company said. In an Expensify filing with the SEC, the expense management software company revealed:
- Revenue of $65 million for the first six months of 2021, compared to $40.6 million for the first six months of 2020.
- Net income of $14.7 million for the first six months of 2021, compared to $3.5 million for the first six months of 2020.
8. IPO – Software Consulting: Softline, a software reseller, IT solutions provider and cybersecurity consulting firm, has filed for a potential IPO. The company is based in London, but was founded in 1993 in Moscow, Russia. Softline said the offering is expected to value the company at between $1.49 billion and $1.93 billion, Reuters reported.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Sherweb Accelerate 2021 (October 18-20, Hollywood, Florida)
- Kaseya Connect IT Global 2021 (October 19-21, Las Vegas)
- MSP Sales Compensation Plans for 2022 (October 21, ChannelE2E Webcast)
- Acronis #CyberFit Summit 2021 (October 25-27, Miami, Florida and Virtual)
- hack_it 2021.2 from Huntress (October 25-27, Virtual)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.