5 Channel Partner Updates: Monday 18 November 2019
Here are five (actually, far more…) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, November 18, 2019.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – LogMeIn for Sale?: Private equity firms Francisco Partners and Thoma Bravo may be bidding to acquire LogMeIn, according to a report.
2, M&A – Private Equity and DevOps: Vista Equity Partners has acquired Sonatype, a company that scales DevOps through open source governance and software supply chain automation, the companies say. Several of Sonatype’s existing investors will retain a stake in the company.
3. HP Declines Xerox Buyout Offer: HP Inc.’s board of directors has declined a buyout bid from Xerox, but left the door open for future negotiations. HP said the unsolicited bid undervalued the company. HP also had concerns about the proposed deal’s debt structure, and Xerox’s falling revenues.
4, Research – Cloud Migration Challenges: More than one-third (37%) of American businesses say they have failed to realize notable benefits from cloud computing, largely because they have not integrated their adoption plan as a core part of their broader business transformation strategy, the Unisys Cloud Success Barometer finds.
B. Partnerships and Strategic Alliances
1. Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 Partner News: The conference is this week in San Francisco. Here’s a Dreamforce 2019 live blog tracking all the partner news.
2. Big Data Consulting and AWS: Deloitte has embraced AWS Data Exchange to assist customers in the health care vertical. AWS Data Exchange is a new service that makes it easier for Amazon Web Services (AWS) customers to find, subscribe to and use third-party data in the cloud, according to the cloud services giant.
3. Partner Program: Sumo Logic has launched the Sumo Logic App Intelligence Partner Program, which is designed to help its Independent Software Vendor (ISV) ecosystem extend the value of real-time operations and security intelligence to their customers at cloud scale, the company says.
5. Partnership – Operational Technology: Fortinet and Siemens are partnering to strengthen the security of operational technology (OT) networks in such vertical markets as electrical power, transportation, and oil and gas.
6. Partnership – Cloud Storage: The Caringo Swarm Object Storage Solution is now validated with Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage. The integrated solution allows partners and customers to easily add a geographically dispersed disaster recovery site, Caringo asserts.
C. Next Five Technology Conferences
- Synnex Fall Varnex 2019 (Nov 17-20, Las Vegas)
- Ingram Micro ONE 2019 (Nov 18-21, Denver, Colorado)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2019 (Nov 19-22, San Francisco)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent 2019 (Dec 2-6, Las Vegas)
- Markforged 3D Printer Global Partner Summit (Jan. 5-8, 2020, Savannah, Georgia)
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].