5 Channel Partner Program and MSP Market News Updates: 18 July 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, July 18, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. Private Equity and CIOs: Insight Partners — owner of Kaseya, Datto and Veeam — has formed the Enterprise Technology Exchange. The exchange is a council of CIOs that will “identify and discuss technology trends, advise and innovate with the firm’s companies and leverage global networks to bring valuable insights to the software sector and enterprise ecosystem,” the private equity firm said. The council includes CIOs from such companies as Boeing, Bayer, Cigna, Deutsche Telekom, Mercedes-Benz Group, Reckitt, Schneider Electric, S&P Global, Walgreen Boots Alliance and Zurich Insurance.
2. Replacing Huawei Equipment: The FCC needs an additional $3 billion dollars to fund the removal from U.S. networks of equipment made by Huawei and ZTE bringing the total cost to $4.9 billion, Reuters reported. Related List: Countries that ban and permit Huawei equipment.
3. Hybrid Work and Commercial Office Space: Amazon is pausing construction on six new office buildings in Nashville, Tennessee, and Bellevue, Washington, as it redesigns workspaces for hybrid work, The Wall Street Journal reported.
4. Canadian Entrepreneurs:GoDaddy announced a national partnership with Futurpreneur for the Canadian launch of Empower by GoDaddy, a global community program “equipping entrepreneurs with the training, digital tools, and expert guidance needed to accelerate their entrepreneurial journeys and grow their businesses online,” the organizations said.
6. Chips Legislation: Several U.S. semiconductor firms are deliberating whether to oppose a package of chip industry subsidies if the final language of the legislation awaiting a vote in the Senate disproportionately benefits manufacturers like Intel, Reuters reported.
B. In-Person Channel Partner Summits & MSP Conferences
- AWS re:Inforce 2022 Cybersecurity Conference (July 26-27)
- Build IT Live 2022 (July 27-29)
- CompTIA ChannelCon (August 2-4, Chicago, Illinois)
- VMware Explore 2022 (formerly VMworld, August 29-September 1, San Francisco)
- Join Us: MSSP Alert Live 2022 (September 19-21, Washington, D.C.)
- All Tech Conferences: Listed Here
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.