5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 18 February 2022
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Friday, February 18, 2022. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. Today’s Technology, Channel Chief and MSP Partner Program News
1. MSP M&A Advisor: Cogent Growth Partners (CGP) assisted 14 M&A deals involving MSPs in 2021. CGP has now closed more than 140 deals since the firm’s inception.
2. MSP Employee Equity Plan: Ensono, backed by KKR, has launched an Associate Equity Appreciation Program. The goal? If Ensono achieves targeted metrics, the program aims to distribute more than $90 million to employees. The company currently has about 2,800 team members. So that’s an average payout target of $32,000 per employee.
3. Channel Chief – Enterprise Automation Software: WorkFusion has hired channel veteran Os Haque as senior VP and head of global channels & alliances.
4. Channel Chiefs – Security: Deep Instinct has named Mike Saletta as area VP of Americas Channels; Joe Santamorena as area VP of Global MSSP Programs, and Phanneth Wood as director of global distribution.
5. Funding – Cloud Data Integration: Arcion has raised $13 million in Series A funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners, with Bessemer Vice President Sakib Dadi joining the Arcion board of directors. Strategic investor Databricks also participated in the round.
6. IoT Security Standards: More than 100 technology and cybersecurity entities are calling for governments and industry to move towards universal Internet of Things (IoT) device security standards, SC Media reported. In a letter released February 17, 2022, 104 different organizations – including Google, Microsoft, Deloitte Consumer Reports, the Center for Internet Security, and the Cyber Threat Alliance – said there is a “global consensus” forming around the need for IoT security standards that must be addressed through a mix of government regulation and voluntary private sector action, SC Media added.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- NerdioCon 2022 (February 21-23, Cancun, Mexico)
- ThreatLocker Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, Florida)
- Addigy Innovate Summit (February 22-23, Virtual)
- Xchange Channel Partner and MSP Conference (February 27-March 1, Dallas, Texas)
- Global Telecom Data Exchange (March 17-18, Miami, Florida)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.