5 Channel Partner Updates: Tuesday 18 February 2020
Here are five (actually far more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, February 18, 2020. Sip up.
Our Daily Brew
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Hot Today
1. M&A – $2 Billion MSP Sale?: It could happen…
2. M&A – SAP Partner: Accenture acquired yet another one.
3. M&A – Audio/Video Integration: Yorktel is acquiring Video Corporation of America (VCA), a New Jersey-based provider of audio video integration, digital signage, and unified communications solutions and services.
5. M&A – MSP Acquired: Telephony, network and connectivity solutions provider Welltel has acquired Invistech, TechCentral reports.
7. Data Protection – Veeam Update: Veeam has announced general availability of Veeam Availability Suite Version 10. It includes more than 150 new features and enhancements – including improved NAS support, Multi-VM Instant Recovery and heightened ransomware protection, the software company says. Private equity firm Insight Partners is acquiring Veeam, which is changing CEOs and moving to the United States as part of the buyout deal.
8. Data Center Grand Opening: US Signal, a data center services provider, will open a new Greater Detroit data center in Van Buren Township, Michigan on March 1, 2020.
9. Salesforce Lightening Migrations: AllCloud, a cloud services provider, has launched the Lightning Migration Assessment (LMA) service for Salesforce users. Salesforce Lightning Experience is a new user interface for customers.
11. Talent – IT Monitoring: LogicMonitor has named Yvonne Schroeder as general counsel and Todd Riesterer as chief people officer.
12. Top 20 IT Training Companies: They’re listed here.
B. Partner Programs and Strategic Alliances
1. Cloud Storage – Partner Program: Google Cloud has unveiled Anthos Ready Storage. This qualification recognizes partner solutions that have met a core set of requirements to run optimally with Anthos running on-premises, and helps organizations select storage solutions that are deployed with Anthos, a Google Cloud blog says.
3. Distribution – PCs: D&H Distributing has introduced the “Lenovo Score” and “Lenovo Opt-In” for channel partners. The two offerings are designed to support VARs and MSPs as they sell Lenovo’s computing hardware throughout the small business market.
4, Distribution – Software AG: Tech Data has agreed to distribute Software AG’s enterprise software.
5. Managed SD-WAN Services – Part One: ConvergeOne has launched a Secure SD-WAN managed services offering powered by Cisco Viptela. The Secure SD-WAN solution also includes Intelligent Threat Detection and advisory services from Alert Logic.
C. Upcoming Technology Conferences
- Seven Figure MSP Live 2020 (February 20-21, Phoenix)
- ASCII IT Success Summit (Feb 26-27, Long Beach, California)
- Zendesk Relate 2020 (March 3-5, Miami, Florida)
- SaaStr (March 10-12, San Jose, California)
- HIMSS (March 9-13, Orlando, Florida)
- Bonus: Top 50 Technology Events in 2020 for Partners
- Bonus: ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
Got news to share for our morning update? Email me: [email protected].