5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 17 November 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Wednesday, November 17, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Growth – Barracuda’s MSP-focused Business: Annual recurring revenue (ARR) for Barracuda MSP’s security solutions grew 37% year-over-year as of September 30, 2021. Also, ARR for Barracuda MSP’s email security solutions grew 73% year-over-year as of September 30, 2021. Barracuda, backed by private equity firm Thoma Bravo, has been building and expanding its MSP-focused technology suite since 2015 or so. Overall revenue and profits from the effort are undisclosed.
4. Research – SMB Cloud Challenges: While 52% of traditional SMBs believe the cloud is critical to their business success, 43% have zero full-time technical staff to manage cloud solutions, according to DigitalOcean research.
5. Research – MSPs and Customer Security: Fully 69% of MSPs believe that security and governance are among the top three IT needs for their customers, according to AvePoint research.
6. Microsoft 365 Subscription Management: HP has launched a subscription management service to help channel partners and SMB customers manage their Microsoft 365 and Office 365 accounts. Translation? HP in some ways may want to compete against cloud distributors and cloud marketplaces designed for MSPs and SMB customers…
7. PC Management Tools – Lenovo: The PC giant has introduced Lenovo Deployment Assistant (LDA) and Lenovo Manageability Commander (LMC). The two solutions “integrate with Microsoft and Intel technology, respectively, to better support in-house IT teams in remotely accessing, managing, and better securing their fleet of Lenovo PCs,” the company said.
8. Telecom Subscription Service: Nokia plans to launch a cloud-based software subscription service targeting telecom companies for providing software around analytics, security and data management, Reuters reported.
B. Channel Chiefs, Partner Programs, Strategic Alliances and Integrations
1. Executive Leadership – Email Security for MSPs: Mailprotector has hired Servosity and Green Cloud Technologies veteran Nathan Ardaiz as VP of sales.
2. Executive Leadership – Unified Communications: Kurmi Software has hired Eric Olson as VP of sales; and Debra Perry as VP of alliances.
C. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Amazon AWS re:Invent (November 29-December 3, Las Vegas)
- SecurityWeekly Unlocked (December 5-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Avaya Engage (December 12-16, Orlando, Florida)
- Citrix Field Kickoff 2022 (January 10-12, Nashville, Tennessee)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.