5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 16 November 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Tuesday, November 16, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), cybersecurity consultants, technology solutions providers (TSPs), systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), distributors and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. Citrix Layoffs, Company Sale?: The Citrix job cuts come amid speculation that Citrix could be acquired.
2. Investment & IPO – UCaaS: NEC plans to pump $40 million into Intermedia, amid Intermedia’s updated IPO plan.
3. Funding – RPA Automation: Mimica, which automates RPA projects, has raised $6 million in Series A funding. RPA is short for Robotic Process Automation.
4. Small Business Credit Program: The U.S. Department of the Treasury has introduced capital program implementation guidance for the State Small Business Credit Initiative (SSBCI) Program. The updated program will provide a combined $10 billion to states, the District of Columbia, territories, and Tribal governments to “empower small businesses to access capital needed to invest in job-creating opportunities as the country emerges from the pandemic.”
5. MSP – Rackspace Quarterly Results: The multi-cloud MSP announced Q3 2021 financial results. Key metrics to know include:
- Revenue of $763 million, up 12 percent compared to $682 million in Q3 of 2020.
- Net loss of $35 million, compared to a net loss of $101 million in Q3 of 2020.
The results, which generally beat Wall Street’s expectations, arrive roughly four months after Rackspace announced layoffs amid a growing offshore IT support strategy.
6. MSPs – SaaS Application Security for Microsoft 365: Augmentt has enhanced its SaaS application management platform to help MSPs further secure Microsoft 365.
7. Executive Leadership – Cloud Directory Services: JumpCloud has hired Splunk veteran Scott Engstrom as senior vice president of engineering.
8. Partner Program – Low Code Software: WEBCON, a low-code platform provider for building and managing business process solutions, has launched a channel partner program in North America.
9. Research – Are IT Leaders Overconfident?: This research from Syntax reveals that IT leaders may be overconfident on multiple fronts — including innovation and security…
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- SAP TechEd 2021 (November 16-18, Virtual)
- Amazon AWS re:Invent (November 29-December 3, Las Vegas)
- SecurityWeekly Unlocked (December 5-8, Orlando, Florida)
- Avaya Engage (December 12-16, Orlando, Florida)
- Citrix Field Kickoff 2022 (January 10-12, Nashville, Tennessee)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.