5 Channel Partner Program and MSP News Updates: 16 August 2021
Here are five (actually, more) technology news updates, insights, chatter, and plenty more to start your day for Monday, August 16, 2021. Sip up.
What’s In Our Daily Brew?
- Who We Serve: Content for managed services providers (MSPs), IT service providers (ITSPs), technology solutions providers (TSPs), cloud services providers (CSPs), IT consulting firms, systems integrators, VARs, independent software vendors (ISVs), and any other partner acronym that further caffeinates our already stellar SEO.
- Frequency: Every business morning.
- Reaching the Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
A. What’s Brewing Today: Technology News
1. MSP Software & Industry Metrics: N-able‘s Q2 2021 financial results reveal key business and financial metrics for the MSP industry.
2. Private Equity and MSPs – Part Two: More private equity guidance for MSPs from FOCUS Investment Banking is here.
3. Exchange Server ProxyShell Attacks: Details are here.
4. COVID-19 Vaccination Mandates: Here’s a growing list of companies requiring on-site employees to be vaccinated vs. COVID-19.
5. Intel Invests In Coinbase: Intel disclosed a stake worth less than a million dollars in U.S. cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Global, Reuters reports.
6. Homeland Security and Social Media Monitoring: The Department of Homeland Security is considering hiring private companies to analyze public social media for warning signs of extremist violence, spurring debate within the agency over how to monitor for such threats while protecting Americans’ civil liberties. Source: The Wall Street Journal, August 15, 2021.
7. Amazon Palm Print Technology: Three U.S. senators, including Democrat Amy Klobuchar who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee’s antitrust panel, wrote a letter to Amazon.com to express concern about its palm print recognition system, Reuters reports.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences and Virtual Events Calendar
- Build IT Live 2021 (August 30-September 1, New York)
- Barracuda Secured.21 (September 14-16, Virtual)
- Salesforce Dreamforce 2021 (September 21-23, Multiple Cities and Virtual)
- BigBig 2021 MSP Conference (September 23-25, Scottsdale, Arizona)
- UiPath Forward (October 5-6, Las Vegas)
- ChannelE2E’s complete event calendar
- Add Your Annual Event To Our Calendar: Submit it here for consideration.